Kevin Davies gets England call up

im glad to see Kev get a chance to play for england

Forgive me if this sounds like a whinge, I'm merely interested ... what's his link to Sheffield that prompted you to place this thread in Sheffield football? I only know that he plays for Bolton now, I know nothing about where he came from.

im glad to see Kev get a chance to play for england

Is that for him or for England? This is when Capello should be blooding the kids, he makes Graham Taylor appear to be a genius. :loopy:

Born and Bred in Sheffield, so rightly gets it place in the Sheffield Football section. Well done Kev great bloke.

Is that for him or for England? This is when Capello should be blooding the kids, he makes Graham Taylor appear to be a genius. :loopy:

Like????????

Born and Bred in Sheffield, so rightly gets it place in the Sheffield Football section.

Ahh ... thanks for that.

It's exactly the sort of comment that gets posted in sarcasm when a thread was put here by mistake, and I didn't want people thinking I was being sarcastic. (Well, not this time, anyway...)

Forgive me if this sounds like a whinge, I'm merely interested ... what's his link to Sheffield that prompted you to place this thread in Sheffield football? I only know that he plays for Bolton now, I know nothing about where he came from.

He comes from Sheffield and is a Blade. Has the dubious distinction of committing the highest no of fouls in the Premier League (Vinny must be proud of him!)

Like????????

A translation into English would be appreciated, I'm obviously not as bright as you. :huh:

Even though it should be an easy game for us the fact that it is a competitive fixture is probably why he has gone for a player with experience at a high level. If it was a friendly then someone like Andy Carroll may have got the call.

That's not going to be a helpful attitude in the long term though, since experience of friendlies and experience of competitive matches are vastly different things.

He'll probably not even play anyway, its a non story really, theres some daft call ups for England these day's, im not saying Davies is but come on its took bloody 12 years to call him up man.