Benefit Fraud? should i report it?

Hi, somebody who lives a street away lives on benifits (We have our suspicion's) they can afford holidays to america every year, The family is a single mum with 1 child

What i have been told they live across from thier parents (The childs grand-parents), The mother does not work, neither does her sister who lives with her parents.

Surely the grand parents can't be THAT rich to pay mortages/bills for 3 houses on the SAME street, if they did why live in sheffield.

From what my friend told me they went to disney land in florida, the childs grandmother apparwntly has a bad back and is pushed around in a wheel chair ON HOLIDAY, but in england she can walk fine with no visual pain what so ever.

Are they living off benifits at the tax payers expense? WHat are your thoughts?

Surely the lads mother could have a part time job, but she doesnt, the child is at least over 16 so he is capable of looking after himself if the mother is not around

Thank you for reading my rant, i dont like benifit scroungers at all (As you may have noticed)

Regards Ste345

No harm in reporting it, if you have suspicions then report, no harm will come of it to either party if the suspicions are confirmed to be untrue. People shouldn't be able to do this!

Surely the grand parents can't be THAT rich to pay mortages/bills for 3 houses on the SAME street, if they did why live in sheffield.

Maybe they like living in Sheffield. My parents are probably rich enough to pay the bills for three houses, but that doesn't mean they feel the need to move to another town!

It could be that the grand parents are wealthy, it could be that they bought the other houses years ago at a good price as an investment.

I'd say that unless you have proof that they are claiming benefits that they're not entitled to, then you shouldn't report them.

If you know for a fact that they are committing fraud then you should report it. If you don't know that they are, but you are jealous of their lifestyle then I wouldn't bother.

Hi, somebody who lives a street away lives on benifits (We have our suspicion's) they can afford holidays to america every year, The family is a single mum with 1 child

What i have been told they live across from thier parents (The childs grand-parents), The mother does not work, neither does her sister who lives with her parents.

From what my friend told me they went to disney land in florida, the childs grandmother apparwntly has a bad back and is pushed around in a wheel chair ON HOLIDAY, but in england she can walk fine with no visual pain what so ever.

Surely the lads mother could have a part time job, but she doesnt, the child is at least over 16 so he is capable of looking after himself if the mother is not around

Thank you for reading my rant, i dont like benifit scroungers at all (As you may have noticed)

Regards Ste345

Do you not have a "Get a life club" in your area that you could join? :suspect:

If you have no actual evidence then I would suggest minding your own business is the best course of action

Regards Ste345

Yeuch!! I feel dirty just having read that. You are basically snooping on somebody you don't know who doesn't even live on the same road as you and you want to report them to the DSS on the strength of a load of gossip?

I'd sooner live in a society with a certain level of benefit fraud than one fuill of malicious snoopers and curtain twictchers coming on internet forums and acting like their low down tittle tattle is for the benefit of society. Yeuch!!!

Yeuch!! I feel dirty just having read that. You are basically snooping on somebody you don't know who doesn't even live on the same road as you and you want to report them to the DSS on the strength of a load of gossip?

I'd sooner live in a society with a certain level of benefit fraud than one fuill of malicious snoopers and curtain twictchers coming on internet forums and acting like their low down tittle tattle is for the benefit of society. Yeuch!!!

Your post sums up exactly how I feel.

If you have no actual evidence then I would suggest minding your own business is the best course of action

Precisely wrong. The investigation team are qualified to gather evidence, but they don't know which families to check on if nobody reports their suspicions!

Precisely wrong. The investigation team are qualified to gather evidence, but they don't know which families to check on if nobody reports their suspicions!

But the benefits system is inept and unprofessional, with a tendency to halt benefits during and investigation before anything has been proved one way or another.

So, by reporting this family (for which there seems to be no evidence whatsoever that they're engaged in fraud), the risk is that they will be put in hardship when they could be totally innocent.

Regards Ste345

You should get a girlfriend, or a car, or maybe even a girlfriend with a car.

this could open up a whole new world for you.

If the investigation teams were to investigate every suspicion based on curtain twitching my guess would be that those teams would have to be increased 50+ fold. As has been mentioned, in the likelihood of benefit being suspended in all or many cases then that would be good enough a vindictive incentive to report someone.

As swami highlighted in post #5, all dangerous hear say and conjecture.

On that note I'm gonna run with donkey and AJ and say yeuch!

Edited by Alien