Shall I move from Chapeltown to the Woodthorpe or Manor estate?

hi im realy new to sheffield and sheffieldforum my home now is in chapletown in a quite cul-de-sack.its a 3 bedroom semi and im wanting to down size as its too big and too quiet.the only noise is the bin men.si iv been offerd a realy nice house on the woodthorpe,springwood,and on queen mary road.the council office at chapletown say its in a great location both homes,picturest,lovley people and great shopping areas but iv not seen them yet as i got offerd them friday..what is the areas realy like sounds great what the council have told me

id stay put if i were you! manor and surrounding areas are supposed to be rough.

chapeltown is quite nice in parts of it. it sounds nice what you have already! i know you said its quiet but get some pets - i would lol!

chappletown all the time

its so nice the council officer told me..but like i say i want to down size..the only people i talk to is when we take our bins out.or we cut our grass and drink tea..or go to cofee mornings...

hi im realy new to sheffield and sheffieldforum my home now is in chapletown in a quite cul-de-sack.its a 3 bedroom semi and im wanting to down size as its too big and too quiet.the only noise is the bin men.si iv been offerd a realy nice house on the woodthorpe,springwood,and on queen mary road.the council office at chapletown say its in a great location both homes,picturest,lovley people and great shopping areas but iv not seen them yet as i got offerd them friday..what is the areas realy like sounds great what the council have told me

Best way to decide is, if you have transport take a run down to these areas at different times of the day, make a point of visiting the areas at the weekend also, you will find it very different as to a weekday. Have a good look round then judge for your self what the areas are like. I think you will find you are at the moment living in the best area.

I live not too far away in a similar area to both the ones you mention, i also have a friend who lives at Chapeltown, i'd stay where you are.

I can't think of a single shop around here that doesn't have a lairy bunch of chavs permanently stuck outside the door.

If you like the roar of illegal bikers though, you'd be in heaven.

yes i think ill take your advise.as soon as the weather changes as we only take the car out when its dry....when is the best time to go..as we have after noon teas...

I agree with mediman. go have a nosey around the estate etc but bear in mind that this wouldn't tell you what your new neighbours are going to be like.

I personally would love to live at Chapeltown.

Stay put and have at look at what's going on in chap where you could meet new people.

As in the other posts i would say stay where you are,but maybe ask the council if they have anything smaller in your area ?