Whirlpool bath not working

we have a whirlpool bath that has packed up on us is there anyone out there who knows anything about these to advise us .it has been installed around 10yrs so not under guarantee.

Is there no indication of power to it....it is possible there is an RCD unit fitted behind the bath panel.......(seen this a few times)....also...check supply to isolater switch, which shoul be positioned outside the bathroom....

I have seen in some instances where installers have used the old immersion heater supply switch.... make sure you havent accidently turned it off.

Second E-lectrician has suggested.

Also another simple check you can the fuse. I have been to a similar problem where the fused connection unit for the bath was hidden in the back of a kitchen cupboard.

yes there is power,got it working but had to take cover off of pump a quick nudge to fan and worked as it should do this only lasts for a few minutes then it fuses anybody got anymore ideas please.

Perhaps the filter is blocked? is it a water blower,air blower or both?

not sure all i know is that it is a "super flow"whirlpool pump.i have had filter off side of bath and cleaned that but to be honest it was not bad at all.i don't know if there is another filter on the pump its self?

is ther anyone on here that knows anything about these to come and look at it before i have to get someone in from yellow pages who will probably charged me the earth .would be very greatful for any recommendation thanks in anticipation.

is ther anyone on here that knows anything about these to come and look at it before i have to get someone in from yellow pages who will probably charged me the earth .would be very greatful for any recommendation thanks in anticipation.

Sounds like the commutator on the pump has gone. It would need dismantling and checking. Maybe a clean would do the job. Advise new brushes too.

http://www.m201.com/start/dem2.jpg

Edited by skinz