Anyone rember rossingtons bazzar,les foxes shop on attercliffe?

Don't know why but as a kid i always remembered Kutters Korner on Attercliffe, i can't remember what they sold though? I think i just liked the name of the shop! :hihi:

Hi Billy Kutters Korner across from Hitchens, sold childrens toys and bits and bobs, when my two were little they used to spend their spending money there most Saturdays.

Rossingtons Bazaar you could get almost anything there, when my son was 10-11 months old my aunt bought him a walking aid from there it was a stuffed white dog on wheels with a handle at the back to hold onto and push. He adored that dog, and later on my daughter learnt to walk with it too.

At one time you could do all your shopping on Attercliffe Common, it was buzzing on Saturdays, there were butchers, greengrocers, bakers, clothes shops, hardware stores you name it. I used to love it and went there recently for some reason and it is unrecognisable nothing is the same.

carbrook lad

the other roller was called titterton he was the son in law of the works manager cyril richards

wonder if you can remember the other mill hands

taggy

arthur clegg

pedley

nixon

baines

roll turner jimmy brooks

two mcdonald brothers

all characters in their own rights

hi rabitter

all the people you mentioned i remember ecept mcdonald bro jimmy brooks was a great lad as you said all these people we all great characters and a plesure to know and work with regards aj

bought table and 4 chairs from rossingtons mother in law still got them today and still in use :)

anyone remember rossingtons bazzar,les foxes shop on attercliffe?

Remember it very well ! you could get just about anything on Attercliffe common had my stag night down there could not manage all boozers far too many.....:hihi:

I have a photo of Les and Muriel Fox with my grandad at Dam Flask.  They were really nice people who lived next door to my grandad at Basford Street, Darnall. Does anyone have a photo of them outside or inside their shop at Rossingtons Bazaar?