Anyone rember rossingtons bazzar,les foxes shop on attercliffe?

anyone remember rossingtons bazzar,les foxes shop on attercliffe?

good old les foxes yes . les allways wore a brown smock smashing bloke lived on basford street

i got my pyrex casseroles from there used to buy 1 a week ive still got them.

I remember Les Fox. His shop was not far from Tinsey Wire. I used to buy jeans & other work-wear from there.

Les and his family were regulars at Darnall Baptist church.

Me too, as a kid.

i worked across road from foxs at sheffield hollow drill and used foxs regulary

we used to get wooden clogs for work and overalls

i bought my girlfriend now wife awatch he laid it away till i had paid for it at half a crown a week

my god but i went into les fox's homely store regularly buying airfix kits a few doors away i bought many first editions of marvel comics-now worth several thousand pounds!the sasprilla /temperance bar was a few shops down

les fox brown coat, glasses you could use to see if a fly in doncaster needed a shave,everything in existence on racks around the shop which always smelt of parraffin. and up at the german bakers penny hovis miniature loaves-at the side of the school across from it was the shoe maker,who made moulders clogs and had a crocodile on the wall the place was always dark! at the side of the pavilion cinema was abarber who advertised durex which always seemed naughty

just recalled it was amberley hotel on opposite corner to school a few doors down amberley street were the hassidic jews who sold pianos from a rotting living room opposite what is now the litlewoods/grattan catalogue call centre

Was Rossingtons Bazaar at the corner of Worksop Road , where the Zeenat is now ?

Was Rossingtons Bazaar at the corner of Worksop Road , where the Zeenat is now ?

hi yes thats it

The old 'uns used to tell us, in the sixties, that if you supped a half-pint of beer,

in every pub on Attercliffe Road, between Weedon Street and The Washford Arms, you'd

be quite unsteady on your feet walking to the next pub, just before the Wicker.

Was that The oyl in't wall?

Don't know why but as a kid i always remembered Kutters Korner on Attercliffe, i can't remember what they sold though? I think i just liked the name of the shop! :hihi: