Where can I dispose of a Sofa?

Can I take a sofa to the tip at Gleadless? I'll be using a car, so there won't be any complications regarding using a commercial vehicle. I'm just not sure if they'll accept it there.

I took one there in the car although we had to smash it to bits to get it into the car! That was fun! :)

I also took one in a hired van another time and I just had to phone ahead and book to say I was coming. They were fine about it both times.

Depending on its' condition, could you not offer it to someone for free on here who might need one?

Depending on its' condition, could you not offer it to someone for free on here who might need one?

I had considered using Freecycle, but to be honest it's in a bit of a state. Our cat has been using it as a scratching post. Not even a student would take a sofa in this condition!

Can I take a sofa to the tip at Gleadless? I'll be using a car, so there won't be any complications regarding using a commercial vehicle. I'm just not sure if they'll accept it there.

bonfire night :roll:

If you are in a council house they will move it for you,free.

If you are in a council house they will move it for you,free.

If you're not in a council house, you have to pay £35

If you can get it there in/on your car, they'll accept it.

If you can get it there in/on your car, they'll accept it.

On the roof then :D

On the roof then :D

Yep, that's what I was implying, roof racks.