Cichlids around Sheffield

Are there any good aquarist shops around Sheffield that sell Tanganykan cichlids.

Thanks

Try the Birley moor garden centre as they've got loads of stuff, most of which i've never heard of!

yes paul at Birley moor has a tank specially for chiclids, they are brackish, so need slight salt water.

There's also one just off Abbeydale Road, a little hard to find but when you do and negociate the little path through all the firms, you'll find he's excellent.

We get all our marines from there now.

A&S aquatics, near the tool hire shop, has a new delivery every tues and will order what you ask for.

Best place for fish is Wards Garden Centre up past Marsh Lane. Sell everything from goldfish to cichlids to seahorses. Pretty cheap too.

Originally posted by bigredbox

There's also one just off Abbeydale Road, a little hard to find but when you do and negociate the little path through all the firms, you'll find he's excellent.

I suspect you mean SAS. They have a nice selection of marine fish and an average selection of fresh water, but check their prices every time. I've been in there a few times and seen that they are normally about £2-5 more expensive than other stockists in Sheffield.

I may be selling my Malawis and whole set up soon, so if anyone's interested let me know and I'll PM you when I talk it over with the other half.

The Watergarden on Langsett road is very good. malawis,parrots ,jewels etc.hope you find what you want!

There isn't really anywhere in Sheffield that do Tanangyikan's.

Maples in Stocksbridge have a few in stock most of the time (but mainly Malawi), Ward's in Coal Aston only have South American Chichlids from my experience (but very nice ones all the same!).

Sheffield Aquatics on Langsett Road was ok last time I went, again that's just Malawi's and no Tangs on last visit.

Your best bet would be to get in the car and nip down the M1 to Wharf Aquatics who have a huge range of African's, can't go wrong there.

Just as a last note, Cichlids in general are not brackish water fish, they are freshwater fish so please, don't add any salt!

Sheffield Aquatics have them whenever I trade my shellies in :)

Although to be honest the nearest I have found is Mastin Moor Aquatics, near Chesterfield/M1 J30.

Originally posted by gpsy

I suspect you mean SAS. They have a nice selection of marine fish and an average selection of fresh water, but check their prices every time. I've been in there a few times and seen that they are normally about £2-5 more expensive than other stockists in Sheffield.

I may be selling my Malawis and whole set up soon, so if anyone's interested let me know and I'll PM you when I talk it over with the other half.

I'll second that, SAS are a bit more expensive than usual. Nice set up though.

Henrietta - what Shellies are you trading in? I've got three already but I'm looking for two or three more multis and was gonna head to Wharf to get them, however if you (or anyone else on here) has any for sale then I'd certainly be interested in them...

Cheers,

Wilb

wentworth garden centre had them :cool: