Crosspool Harvester's Allotment

Having contact with organisations such as schools is the key to any succesful venture like this. Yet this brings extra costs as your dealing with health and safety on a large scale. You may need to ensure adequate toilets are available, and if you have a green ethos, these are never cheap. You may also have to have disabled access, including proper paths. The list can be rather large i expect.

Since there are 2 schools interested could one of them be persuaded to give/lease some land over for the project?

I was convinced to sign this petition as the development was described as a large, commercial, agricultural development.

I know know far more about the project, and already have a good knowledge of the Crosspool Harvest.

I am a Crookes resident, and strongly SUPPORT this application and project.

I would like my name removing from this petition immediately and feel that the actual proposal by the farm is being grossly misrepresented by the anti- organisers, who appear to have taken a shameless approach to bringing a positive community project down.

Edited by Pook

I was convinced to sign this petition as the development was described as a large, commercial, agricultural development.

I know know far more about the project, and already have a good knowledge of the Crosspool Harvest.

I am a Crookes resident, and strongly SUPPORT this application and project.

I would like my name removing from this petition immediately and feel that the actual proposal by the farm is being grossly misrepresented by the anti- organisers, who appear to have taken a shameless approach to bringing a positive community project down.

I know a couple of other people in the same position Pook so it was suggested that they let the councillors for Crookes know the situation.

sylvia.anginotti@sheffield.gov.uk

john.hesketh@sheffield.gov.uk

brian.holmes@sheffield.gov.uk

Done and done.

Still very disappointed in the misleading anti- campaign. Poor way of doing things.

Edited by Pook

But why did they need a Pizza oven??

Thats taking it a bit far for an allotment. Would that lead to the land being classed as used differently??

Thats taking it a bit far for an allotment. Would that lead to the land being classed as used differently??

I haven't formulated an opinion on this project either way, but the pizza oven seems to be bothering you so I thought I might have a plausible answer: Heeley city Farm have/had a pizza oven (in the shape of a dragon). It was built by interested community members, and acts/acted (sorry, no idea if it's still there) as a gathering point for events, where you can set the oven going and make bread or pizzas and feed the people working on the site/attending the event, without bringing in outside caterers or people having to go home and bring stuff in. It's fun, anyone can join in, it's a good way of involving children and young people.

I dare say it's as innocent as that. I'm stretching my mind a bit trying to find nefarious reasons for the placement of a pizza oven :P

Oh and wow, there're a few faces here I haven't seen in a while :wave:

The idea is to use it as one would a bbq for gatherings - it would not be a big thing.

We did not believe this would be an issue but, as with various of our ideas was not set in stone but something we wanted to explore.

One difficulty with this process seems to be the lack of any way to signal the things that are core to what we want to do and rthe others that are more negotiable - it all has to go downb in black and white and look rigid.

It always amazes me that after the event people change there minds, and then use the phrase "if only for hinesight" ...... im starting to think that the word "hinesight" was invented for people who couldnt be bothered to look at the whole package first.

No offence to anyone on here though :)

Done and done.

Still very disappointed in the misleading anti- campaign. Poor way of doing things.

People can be narrow minded, and if they are clever, they can get there own way. Are there any legalities regarding petitions, and they way they portray things?

.... use the phrase "if only for hinesight" ...... im starting to think that the word "hinesight" was invented for people who couldnt be bothered to look at the whole package first.

You're wrong. It was invented by you.

The word you were probably looking for was "hindsight".

HTH HAND.