Crosspool Harvester's Allotment

Why don't the Crosspool Harvesters set-up their allotment in Crosspool, plenty of space there.

This is a terrible idea to destroy this area which has remained undisturbed during my lifetime and no doubt it is the thin end of the wedge.

I believe there is a petition against this. Can whoever is organising this get it on line or tell us where it can be signed.

I would be happy to help in any way .

Edited by Elmambo
spelling

Why don't the Crosspool Harvesters set-up their allotment in Crosspool, plenty of space there.

This is a terrible idea to destroy this area which has remained undisturbed during my lifetime and no doubt it is the thin end of the wedge.

I believe there is a petition against this. Can whoever is organising this get it on line or tell us where it can be signed.

Where abouts is the land they are looking to buy?

Sounds like a great idea, from reading the article. It's a pity there isn't any other land in the area that is less valued by the neighouring community.

The SW Area Panel meeting was... well, lively. Good hundred or so turned up to oppose. Chair really didn't know what hit him.

The decision on the grant has been deferred until a special single issue area panel meeting can be convened on the subject. I have a feeling this one may turn out to be more interesting than you'd think.

Where abouts is the land they are looking to buy?

I think it's the land between Bole Hill Road and St Anthony's Road - been overgrown and deserted for years.

It is land between St Anthony Rd and Bole Hill Rd.

I was wondering where and why they had been turned down by the council on the 2 sites in Crosspool already???

Why not use the spare piece of land on the junction of Lydgate lane and Ryegate Rd? I have wondered about a gorilla garden on this myself.

This is the problem these days. If anyone wants to start a project that benefits people.....they get opposed from all angles. They are just looking at different ways of involving the local community, as well at the same time, trying to to do something different compared to an allotment.....which sheffield council seems unable to deal with.

Its not "new age speak" its just a group tyring to enjoy natural things like growing food.

Why dont the people who oppose this, get involved and actually put ideas forward?

Oh and why call something "dodgy" if they dont understand what they are trying to achieve.

I think it's the land between Bole Hill Road and St Anthony's Road - been overgrown and deserted for years.

So they are trying to put the land to better use.......and people want to oppose it.......this makes me sooo annoyed sometimes

But it is not their community, they are from Croospool. Why can't it be done there?