Sheffield Minibus Hire Recommendations

Self drive or driven?

Self drive. 8 of us are hoping to go away for the weekend.

I'd also be interested in knowing about minibus hire for a party of 12 - haven't been able to find much myself.

Found this on Google that might be helpful.

Nickel are competetive and friendly on 0114 221 8282

Arnold Clark around the corner are slightly cheaper but their telephone manner is very questionable.

Hope this helps.

Don't forget if you took your test after 2000 you want have entitlement to drive one think its D1 ettitlement.:)

Ideas please folks.

Does anyone know of a self-drive minibus hire company who hire out for one day only (Saturdays) at weekends, and are open on Sundays for the return of said minibus?

I know it's a long shot, but don't fancy paying for two days and only using it for one.

I'M TIGHT YOU SEE.

Anyone got any info please?

Cheers.

Sheffield council.

We (a football team) get a 16-set minibus/van thing every sunday.

They are very reasonable with us. You may be able to sweet-talk them into accepting it back early Sunday morning!

Hey I was wondering if someone can help me...

I need to hire a 15-20 seater minibus for Saturday July 1st to do a return trip from Sheffield to London, leaving late afternoon and back late evening.

Can anybody put me in touch with someone or some company who will hire out a minibus for a reasonable price on this date? Will consider both self drive or with driver.

I just can't seem to find anything from the big "well known" hire car places...

Please please please can someone help!

Try Nielsons Travel services. In my past dealings with him he has very helpfully put me onto other companies he knows when he hasn't got a bus available himself. Telephone number 0114 234 2961.

Their minibuses are quite nice and the drivers are sound.

Just an idea - try contacting Sheffield Community Transport. They babysit the minibuses of lots of charities. The compound is off Penistone Road. I used to know of one charity that let its minibus out for hire from there on days they didn't need it. Others may have a similar scheme. I've no idea what the rates might be, but the cost would be a revenue raiser for the charity rather than commercial profit. Worth a try.