I am Littlestar and I am a Recovering Vegetarian

I have changed my diet due to me being anaemic so I have incorporated meat into my diet to help me out.

I was researching how animals are killed and was quite frankly shocked at how some animals live and how they are then slaughtered!!!

:huh:

Have you found it helps?

My friend was veggie for ages but suffered from IBS. Incorporating a bit of meat in her diet (on doctors advice) made a huge difference for the better.

Buy RSPCA certified freedom foods. One would hope the animals have a better life than the ones who are kept in terrible conditions. The more people buy responsibly reared meat the more likely it will be that other producers start doing the same.

You could buy your meat only from suppliers who slaughter in a method you agree with. But at the end of the day, meat is animal.

Buy RSPCA certified freedom foods. One would hope the animals have a better life than the ones who are kept in terrible conditions. The more people buy responsibly reader meat the more likely it will be that other producers start doing the same.

Have you seen how some RSPCA certified food products live? There is not much difference. Farmers do the absolute minimum to get the RSPCA certificate.

This is all down to the supermarket way of life! If supermarkets didn't sell meat for silly, low prices the conditions for animals would be far better & so would the English farming industry!

Buy RSPCA certified freedom foods. One would hope the animals have a better life than the ones who are kept in terrible conditions. The more people buy responsibly reared meat the more likely it will be that other producers start doing the same.

Where do you buy these products?

What is the difference between halal and kosher meat?

Kosher is a list of foods which are allowed to be eaten. Halal refers (alternatively, or exclusively, I'm not sure which) to the method by which animals are slaughtered.

They have a lot in common, since both systems were developed in hot countries where certain foods were very likely to give you severe food-poisoning before the days of refrigeration.

Isn't anaemia generally to do with lack of B vits? I always thought more Marmite and green veg and less ale down the neck was the solution. Mind you I don't eat meat generally so wouldn't really know about the relative benefits of flesh over other sources.

This is all down to the supermarket way of life! If supermarkets didn't sell meat for silly, low prices the conditions for animals would be far better & so would the English farming industry!

If customers preferred expensive, better-raised meat, the supermarkets would not sell any of their cheap stuff and would stop carrying the lines.

Have you seen how some RSPCA certified food products live? There is not much difference. Farmers do the absolute minimum to get the RSPCA certificate.

Its still better than the bare minimum legal standards which are terrible.

Edited by Stormy