Am I allowed to sell home made Sloe Gin?

Good idea apart from the fact you need a licence to run a raffle.

Now why does that not suprise me

Just make some up and give a couple of bottles to friends, if they like it they could always give you the money for the ingredients and your troubles, and then if their friends tried it and liked it they could do the same, just the same as if you were making a few cupcakes!;)

You'd need a license to sell alcohol and have to pay the DUTY. Are you distilling? I think you need a license for that too.

For God's sake don't anyone try distilling, unless they know exactly what they are doing. One error and you can end up with something akin to anti freeze. People have died this way. :nono:

For God's sake don't anyone try distilling, unless they know exactly what they are doing. One error and you can end up with something akin to anti freeze. People have died this way. :nono:

That's why the law is in place, so we don't get people poisoned and made blind by methanol ;)

Hmmm, another one of my amazing plans has be thwarted! Not sure selling my ten jars of chutney will keep me in the life I want to get accustomed to!

From a practical point of view, the police probably don't much care if you are handing out bottles of home-made gin to your friends and they are paying you a few quid as thanks; but if you were hoping to sell it from a car-boot stall or such like, that really wouldn't be a good idea.

On the plus side, it looks like I will be forced to drink it all myself!

. . . every cloud . . . :)

Good idea apart from the fact you need a licence to run a raffle.

Don't you just need a sponsor....a church would do that, for a piece of the action.

Don't you just need a sponsor....a church would do that, for a piece of the action.

This is Britain you know, you need a licence to have a bloody Goldfish here.