Am I allowed to sell home made Sloe Gin?

I have collected quite a few sloes and know where there are loads more so was thinking of making loads of Sloe Gin then flogging it at Christmas markets. Am I allowed to do that? Can I just rent a stall and flog it? If not would I get grief for it if I had a stall on Fargate or somewhere or would nobody care?

Also would anyone buy any? Would you buy some? Little bottles, great last minute gifts at a fiver or something?

Any info appreciated.

:)

If it tastes alright I'll buy a bottle off you. Couldn't you do something a bit cheeky, ask people to buy a raffle ticket off yourself for a fiver and you could win a bottle. (Every ticket wins ;) )

Spose you would need legal labeling on it. showing %age alchohol and how many units it has and pictures of pregnant women on it telling them not to drink it cos otherwise they would.

As far as I know it's illegal to sell alcohol under any circumstances, unless you've applied for a licence.

You can get a temporary personal licence for certain circumstances, such as selling your home-made gin at a school fete or suchlike.

Insurance might be a good plan too - I've heard you can get it for crafts and things like that. Accidentally poisoning people can end up expensive I'd imagine.

You'd need a license to sell alcohol and have to pay the DUTY. Are you distilling? I think you need a license for that too.

If it tastes alright I'll buy a bottle off you. Couldn't you do something a bit cheeky, ask people to buy a raffle ticket off yourself for a fiver and you could win a bottle. (Every ticket wins ;) )

Good idea apart from the fact you need a licence to run a raffle.

You'd need a license to sell alcohol and have to pay the DUTY. Are you distilling? I think you need a license for that too.

Tp produce alcoholic beverages a person/business needs to be licenced by the revenue and VAT registered.

A licence is needed to sell alcohol and the premises from which it is sold need to be licenced to retail alcohol. It isn't difficult to do but it isn't cheap either, so unless someone is proposing to make a swimming pool full it isn't worth the effort.