Leadmill Bouncers

I suppose it depends on who you get really, I've had good and bad experiences there. Remember they have to put with a lot from drunken, over-confident students and the like!
thier job is to make sure the clientelle have a good time and enjoy thier experience at thier venue, they are the ambassadors for the leadmill and a source of first contact with the public, thier idiotic and thuggish behavour only strengthens peoples negative opinions of the club and its managments lack of action where the doorstaff are concerned, Edited by Panthera

Never had a problem with them, but that's because I am as big if not bigger than they are, in fact on the odd occasions I have been in, they usually make a point of trying to engage me in conversation.

Most pub and club bouncers are ok, and if you have ever had to do the job you will know how unfunny it can be herding a load of drunks around, however, these Leadmill lads do seem to get nothing but bad words said about them.

Never had a problem with them, but that's because I am as big if not bigger than they are, in fact on the odd occasions I have been in, they usually make a point of trying to engage me in conversation.

Most pub and club bouncers are ok, and if you have ever had to do the job you will know how unfunny it can be herding a load of drunks around, however, these Leadmill lads do seem to get nothing but bad words said about them.

I've never had a problem with persoanlly either

you are the public face of the bar/club where you work, I think that there are a few people on power trips

Edited by Panthera

I suppose it depends on who you get really, I've had good and bad experiences there. Remember they have to put with a lot from drunken, over-confident students and the like!

'put up with.....' I didn't realise they were volunteers :) from what I know bouncers get paid a decent wage for putting up with the clientele and they are all licensed and trained in how to deal with these situations

ive had trouble with leadmill bouncers before, they pinned me down on concrete floor outside and one of them pressed his knee into back of my head and punched me in ribs, while they had my mate pinned up against wall outside, all i did was knock a drink over at bar. what they need is a good kickin

Let me guess....in an area not covered by CCTV.

Let me guess....in an area not covered by CCTV.

From the back of the smaller room there is a corridore with brick walls, they seem to get hold of you whilst taking you to this and as soon as your in there they tighten their grip and make sure they hurt you.

You do get the odd few people in Leadmill after trouble but id say that Leadmill attracts the people that are less likely to kick off than anywhere else in town. No one can justify what they do, im all for people who are STARTING fights getting a good arm lock on the way out because it might make them think twice about causing trouble in town. However reasons like 'spilling drinks', 'been drunk' and 'jumping about' are not things to be thrown out for. All the bouncer needs to do is tell people to calm down a bit if they are getting out of hand then if they carry on they can be asked to leave and allowed to walk out of the main doors whithout been grabbed and squeezed.

I worked in The Leadmill a few years back and the lads on the door were sound then.

I remember a new lad starting and after a couple of weekends it was obvious he was a bit “keen” and ready to crack a few heads. He was got rid of, fast.

That’s a good few years back mind, I can’t comment on what it’s like now.

I have had one run in with these bouncers. Basically they hate seeing people have a good time, will do anything to ruin young people's fun and hopefully get a fight out of it where they will basically leather whoever chats back.

They are dead horrible with girls who go there too and they love to single you out if you look like you'll give em some lip. refuse entry at any cost if they like and not let you into gigs even if you have a twenty quid ticket. they also phone the police way too often cause they feel like they can. but a copper said to me outside there when it kicked off a few months back that he hates how many stupid calls they get to the Leadmill.

They look like BNP henchmen, Ugly Fat Boring Jobsworths but I'm not too arsed cause there's never any goog gigs down there any more! Wedding Present were supposed to be playing there but the date was pulled. everyone plays leeds instead!?

From the back of the smaller room there is a corridore with brick walls, they seem to get hold of you whilst taking you to this and as soon as your in there they tighten their grip and make sure they hurt you.

I know for a fact that back alley way next to the toilets has CCTV, I also know hat they only use that exit if something has kicked off where they can't get people out of the main doors, I have seen them do things that aren't called for, but they have never once purposely gone out and attacked or hurt anyone that hasn't caused any bother to other people, and the police or often done there standing on the doors with them, so they can't be completely out of hand. But thats just my opinion from the 3 years I've known them.

these stories are awful. let the general manager of the club know immediately. they pay their wages. sounds barbaric!

I'm sorry but that is ridiculous. When doctors in A&E are faced with death, blood and guts each night they don't start punching people and throwing their weight around.

If you decide to be a bouncer, your excuse of "you try working with drunk people" is just pathetic. Why be a bouncer if you don't like dealing with drunks?

I was refused entry to the Leadmill by a bouncer during that Sheffield Free Music Festival a few months ago. I'd been in and out of the other venues with no problems. I got to the Leadmill and he insisted on searching my ruck sack and then refused to let me in because I has a plastic bottle of water in my bag.

Fair enough if that is their policy but it was the rude and obnoxious way that he behaved with me that was annoying. Won't be going back there again any time soon.