Slimming World extra easy?

Hi Guys.... I was just wondering if anybody knows how the new slimming world plan works? I've been on the red and green days before... but can't work out the new one! Someone heellppp! :)

Hi Briony

It sounds too good to be true doesn't it, meat and potatoes on the same plate! hehehe

But it really does work.

Firstly, have you got the books detailing each plan? do you go to a group/do it online/do it yourself?

So, in summary;

For your main meals,

ensure at least a third of your plate is filled with superfree foods (fresh fruit and veg), the remaining 2 thirds can be filled with anything from your free foods (from both red and green days). Obviously some meals dont go with a pile of veg, for example chicken curry, so instead, you include the veg in your curry ie peppers, tomatoes, mushrooms etc, or have a fresh fruit salad as your pudding.

for the rest of the day use your A and B choices and snack on any free or superfree foods.

Any clearer?

Em x

I've always struggled to get my head round this too. Having followed the red and green day plan for years (I've been at target for 3 years) it goes against whats been drilled in for so long. I daren't even try it!

I get the filling your plate with a third of superfree foods. But surely you then can't have a huge great pile of chicken and a mountain of potatoes with that?

You can also only have 1 healthy a and one healthy b instead of 2.

does this mean that these "eating healthy in a simple way/explained" type of diet(s) are in fact not simple?

Simple fact = eat more Kcals than you burn = weight gain, and visa versa.

Could someone explain something to me, my cousin gave me her slimming world wallet and booklets before she went abroad (so cant ask her). I want to know why some foods have different points i.e an apple is

pureed/cooked 28g 0.5 (orange) 0.5 (red) 0.5 (green)

average each 2.5 " 2.5 " 2.5 "

raw, whole free free free

So are they 2.5 points or free, I know about making meals up from the same colour groups but dont know if foods labelled like this in the book are free or not. Thanks

Theres a similar diet around - called the dukan plan, can buy the book for a fiver from amazon. My friends doing it at work n shes lost half a stone in the past week! I plan to buy the book soon!

Could someone explain something to me, my cousin gave me her slimming world wallet and booklets before she went abroad (so cant ask her). I want to know why some foods have different points i.e an apple is

pureed/cooked 28g 0.5 (orange) 0.5 (red) 0.5 (green)

average each 2.5 " 2.5 " 2.5 "

raw, whole free free free

So are they 2.5 points or free, I know about making meals up from the same colour groups but dont know if foods labelled like this in the book are free or not. Thanks

Fresh fruit is free on any plan be that red/green/extra easy but if you were to cook the fruit or juice it then it becomes syned so the 28g of cooked apple would be 0.5 a syn and Im presuming that the average each bit means one whole apple cooked (not weighed) will be 2.5 syns

hope this helps :)

Fresh fruit is free on any plan be that red/green/extra easy but if you were to cook the fruit or juice it then it becomes syned so the 28g of cooked apple would be 0.5 a syn and Im presuming that the average each bit means one whole apple cooked (not weighed) will be 2.5 syns

hope this helps :)

Yes that makes sense, its just that I noticed a few foods like that and wondered how you calculate it. Serves me right for trying to cut out the middle man and not paying to join a group, thanks.

Yes that makes sense, its just that I noticed a few foods like that and wondered how you calculate it. Serves me right for trying to cut out the middle man and not paying to join a group, thanks.

No one knows how it's calculated, it's done by magic at head office somewhere :hihi:

The best thing to do is avoid cooking or juicing the fruit. If you don't do that then it's free to eat whatever plan you are following, red, green, or extra easy.

you can also have stewed fruit as a healthy extra B as long as you dont add sugar, you can sweeten it with splenda freely though, details on what weights of the fruits for A HEB should be in the book :)

The reason that cooked, juiced and dried fruits are not free is because they are not as filling and in some cases not as nutitious as they are in their original fresh form.

Hope that helps.

Em xxx