Van needed - 11th October

Hi all,

My workmate is moving house on 11th October and i'd offered to help her move by hiring a van. I've come up against a problem though - i'm 24 and all the van rental places i've looked at ask that anyone under 25 has a clean license, and I stupidly have 3 points.

Can anyone recommend any van rental companies that will accept my licence with 3 points on it?

Failing that we really need a considerably cheap "man with van" option - the cheapest we've been quoted so far is £35 per hour at a min of 3 hours which is way to expensive for my friends budget.

I'm hoping I can rely on the forummers to come to the rescue with an answer :-)

Thanks!!

If you have to go down the route of hiring a man with a van, your best bet is to post an advertisment of the 'Job Vacancies' section of the forum mate. Good luck.

Check Van Hire Rules. National say "without serious endorsements", Eurocar say "Full License", VanHireUK say "UK License". If you contact them and tell them how old your points are and what they were for they may be able to help you.

An interesting aside, my provisional license says I can drive C1 (7.5t van) and D1 (minibus) because I got it so long ago, but once I pass my test, I'll only be able to drive B (car/3.5t van) because the rules changed a few years ago.

Edited by jgharston

hiya give tony ( van man sheffield) a ring on 07789831253, i think he cahrges £25 an hour he has a jumbo luton box van

HTH

I have a van and i am a man, and free on the 11th.

Van's a mwb Transit with medium high roof, enough to get plenty in.

I'd charge £14 an hour plus fuel costs, van does 30 to the gallon ish so call the fuel cost £0.25 a mile. Fuel cost includes getting to them and getting back so factor in a few quid depending on where in sheffield they are.

Drop me a PM if you're interested.

Hi all,

I just want to say a big thank you to everyone who replied/PM'd about this....i've had a lot of response and would have liked to reply to individuals but ther's too many! lol.

We're now sorted and have a van hired, but thank you for all the offers!! :)

Kegleigh

ring 07930882027 ask for john i will beat any quote thanx