How heavy is the traffic on Ecclesall Rd at 7.30am?

Does anyone travel down Ecclesall Road around 7.30am that could tell me what the traffic's like?

I need to get from Dore to Hillsborough. I left at 8.10am last week an massively underestimated the rush hour traffic, it was bumper to bumper from Ecclesall Rd South, up Brocco Bank and onto Glossop Rd.

Am hoping it will be clear around 7.30am.

Anyone know?

Thanks

It starts to get busy around 7:30, probably because that's when the bus lane kicks in. Get there just before 7:30, you'll be fine.

Traffic still normally pretty heavy at 7:30.

Traffic will be even worse now the University term has started again!

I find 7.30 to be the cut-off time for Ecclesall road - Abbeydale seems ok until 7.45.

Never mind the traffic now the students are back - try using a town centre Post Office. I had to queue 40 minutes on West Street to send a parcel.

Guest sibon
Does anyone travel down Ecclesall Road around 7.30am that could tell me what the traffic's like?

I need to get from Dore to Hillsborough. I left at 8.10am last week an massively underestimated the rush hour traffic, it was bumper to bumper from Ecclesall Rd South, up Brocco Bank and onto Glossop Rd.

Am hoping it will be clear around 7.30am.

Anyone know?

Thanks

You might be quicker nipping off Eccy Road South, to Nether Green. Up to Crosspool and down Rivelin Valley. It is certainly a nicer drive:)

You might be quicker nipping off Eccy Road South, to Nether Green. Up to Crosspool and down Rivelin Valley. It is certainly a nicer drive:)

Agree. It's only over the hill, or two.

Not sure of that way Sibon. I know I can get up Long Line, through Ringinglow & Lodge Moor which drops me on Rivelin Valley Road. It is a nicer drive but takes longer than Eccy Road - if the traffic is quiet of course.

Think I'll probably do it that way though, to be on the safe side.

Thanks for the replies, you've helped me make up my mind :)

Eccy Rd is somewhere I avoid at all costs...unless I need to go somewhere on...Eccy Rd.

To me it stopped being a sensible route choice about 15 years ago because it was always nose to tail.

I much prefer taking longer routes, even if they take me longer overall, to the slow progress along what, in fact, is a shorter one.