Karl Pilkington: An Idiot Abroad - Sky 1

Did anyone manage to catch this last week or over the weekend?

This week, he was in China - walking the Great Wall, or as he labelled it "ok wall, as it was only really finished during the 1980s (because of repairs etc).

The man just blows me away and makes me laugh sooooo much! He doesn't even know how funny he is either! When he was about to have the toad and worried just before he went that he may actually like toad once he'd eaten it, and then thought he may get upset that he couldn't get it again once he's back home :hihi::hihi:

This week - India. I can't wait!

I wasn't sure he would 'work' on TV. But he did. Awesome. The man with a head like a orange.

Yeah I've been really looking forward to this and wasn't disappointed :)

I watched it but couldn't help thinking it was far too spoof and for this I only found a bit of it funny. Am I missing something as a few people i've spoken to have said he was a genius???

I watched it but couldn't help thinking it was far too spoof and for this I only found a bit of it funny. Am I missing something as a few people i've spoken to have said he was a genius???

I've listened to him since the XFM shows where he was an off air producer - you can see him slowly being drawn into on air stuff, and even then, he constantly protests it.

I'm fairly certain he's the genuine article - noone could keep up a persona like his for 10 years (or however long it's been!)

He's pretty clever - he was on a six figure salary at XFM as production manager, but he's just very simple when it comes to the ways of the world :)

I wasn't sure he would 'work' on TV

Me too, but my initial sceptism was gone when 30 seconds into the show Gervais asked him if he was alright and Pilkington, in typical fashion, replied "Yeaaah, im alright yeah".

I was also worried this programme would suffer because he would have to try and act out his persona where as via podcast it comes across genuine. But he truly is a idiot round headed manc.

Hes a genius but hes all the more funny because i've got a mate just like him

I thought it was highly entertaining...my fave bit was when he slapped himself for looking just at the wrong time when the toad was being killed!!

He should be on the 'timmy bus' with a couple of other people I know :suspect:

It reminded me so much of my trip to China several years ago and the thoughts that went through my mind at that time. Wonderful programme!

Must look out for more of these.

Every week for a little while on Sky 1. Unfortunately, I don't have Sky 1 so have to wait until I'm at the fella's at the weekend to catch the re-run.

I was chuckling straight away when he was in the taxi trying to smile at people and worried that a smile might not mean the same in China :hihi:

I think he's 100% genuine, and I too worried that he wouldn't be the same on tv. It's a different experience seeing him, but he's quality entertainment whether you're just listening to him or watching him.

I think the best bit was when he went for that massage, you could just tell with the constant "k'in hell" that his pain was 100% genuine!