Recommended Guitar Shop for Set-Up?

I've got a guitar in need of a professional setup, does anyone have any recommendations for shops around Sheffield? Its a Fender Jaguar. Cheers!

Wizard guitars on Ecclesall Road.

Wizard Guitars......... would never go in the shop again !!!

I had been shopping around for a Les Paul style guitar, and had been to Wavelength Music, Reverb on City Road ( pity it closed - excellent store and friendly staff ) trying out different models, I went on Ecclesall Road and called in first to Sheffield Music Shop, having not found the right guitar, I called in Wizard Guitars had a look at what they had to offer, saw one that I was interested in and asked if I could try it out through an amp........ the look on the shop owner's face - if looks could kill I would have been stone dead !

Told him that I wanted to see what it played / sounded like, an assistant was sent to me, the guitar was plugged into an amp and I proceeded to try it out for a good 10 minutes, after which I handed the guitar back and said I liked it and would have a think about purchasing it, as my wife and I were about to leave the shop, the shop owner said

' Can't see the point in coming in and trying something out if you have no intentions of buying it '

Being the type of person who is a straight talker and who tells people what he thinks, I wanted to tell him to shove the guitar where the light doesn't shine - my wife could sense that I was very annoyed and told me to bite my tongue and not say anything......boy was that hard !!!!!

I have met quite a few guitarist and read on other websites about people having similar experiences with Wizard Guitars - my advice - try Wavelength Music.

Couldn't agree more JOHN HABS.

The little fat bloke with the pony tail who runs the shop is a dismissive end of a campanologist's instrument

Do not deal with Wizard. Go to Wavelength or Real Time instead.

Edited by ooonarden

Strange how quite a few people on here are dismissive of Wizards. I found them to be very helpful. I could try any guitar I wanted, they chatted to me and the wife and when I left without buying anything except a strap, they were very courteous.

Doesn't look like others have had the same experience though.

Wizard Guitars......... would never go in the shop again !!!

I had been shopping around for a Les Paul style guitar, and had been to Wavelength Music, Reverb on City Road ( pity it closed - excellent store and friendly staff ) trying out different models, I went on Ecclesall Road and called in first to Sheffield Music Shop, having not found the right guitar, I called in Wizard Guitars had a look at what they had to offer, saw one that I was interested in and asked if I could try it out through an amp........ the look on the shop owner's face - if looks could kill I would have been stone dead !

Told him that I wanted to see what it played / sounded like, an assistant was sent to me, the guitar was plugged into an amp and I proceeded to try it out for a good 10 minutes, after which I handed the guitar back and said I liked it and would have a think about purchasing it, as my wife and I were about to leave the shop, the shop owner said

' Can't see the point in coming in and trying something out if you have no intentions of buying it '

Being the type of person who is a straight talker and who tells people what he thinks, I wanted to tell him to shove the guitar where the light doesn't shine - my wife could sense that I was very annoyed and told me to bite my tongue and not say anything......boy was that hard !!!!!

I have met quite a few guitarist and read on other websites about people having similar experiences with Wizard Guitars - my advice - try Wavelength Music.

Similar experience; never go in there any more not even for strings or a plectrum. Amongst the rudest service I've encountered anywhere

Couldn't agree more JOHN HABS.

The little fat bloke with the pony tail who runs the shop is a dismissive end of a campanologist's instrument

Do not deal with Wizard. Go to Wavelength or Real Time instead.

I've never had a good experience in there....can't believe I've been so stupid as to go there several times.....will go to Wavelength for set up.....or London....both are out of my way but I'm not going in Wizard again

the music shop at greenhill were very helpful and had some nice guitars and amps in last time i went.

mick at sound idea, just above Hillsborough barracks, I would'nt trust anyone else in Sheffield with my strat.