Can you think of anything I`ve missed please

Our cat has been missing for 8 days now , we live in Cornwall so I know nobody here can help, but just wondered if there was any more I could do that I havent already done ? Thomas is a one year old castrated male black cat, very friendly and adventurous . He has never before strayed , he is microchipped . So far , we have put posters up all around our village, in the shop, pub and post office too . Have rung all the Vets , council , police , Cats Protection , had a local radio appeal and put an ad in the local paper . The headmaster of the village school has put a photo and appeal in the weekly newsletter for us, have asked the postie and bin men, we have searched and searched, its like he has vanished . What I did want to ask is , when a cat is farm bred from semi ferrals , is it common for them to go walk about, is it in their genes ? Thomas seemed to be quite happy to be a garden cat but was also a prolific hunter and I am now wondering if he outgrew the garden , we are in a smallish village surrounded by fields where there are loads of rabbits . I always thought it was entire males who strayed, but wondering if this applies to castrated ones too ?

hiya .... so sorry to hear you lost him ..... its horribly upsetting. you clearly love him lots to be trying all this. this link might just help - though all i can see you might have missed are some online options

http://www.catchat.org/lost.html

best wishes with finding him

hi i know exactly what youre going through not very nice but my bella 3 year old spayed she cat has just returned home after 6 days missing for the first time she is a british blue and i thought someone had stolen her however she has come home very ill as she has been attacked by a dog and could hardly walk however after a visit to the vets and a couple of injections she is on the mend but my point is dont give up just wait for him he could be on his way home i dont think there is much else you can do as it seems you have it covered but just keep looking and shouting and im sure he will be home soon good luck . ps my nans cats once went missing for 3 weeks and returned home skinny but fine .

Oh that must be so upsetting for you - what a terrible time you are having. Posters are usually THE best way of getting cats back. Plus if you have gone to the vets, what about all the local cat rescues?

Fingers crossed he comes back home for you. Some of my ferals go missing for weeks on end, and tonight my Rapunzal (grey and white older cat) has returned after not been seen for weeks - so I know they must be around often when i don't see them.

Good luck and fingers crossed - with cats - there really is nothing you can do apart from what you have done.