Robin Hood Inn Stannington

So the pub was fully booked, and runs a split shift system. Fair enough on both points i'd say. As for that phonecall, sounds like you spoke to someone not used to taking calls. Unlucky. But hardly a capital offence!

So the pub was fully booked, and runs a split shift system. Fair enough on both points i'd say. As for that phonecall, sounds like you spoke to someone not used to taking calls. Unlucky. But hardly a capital offence!

I Agree, if they must be doing okay to shut for a few hours.

yeah, I was told the same thing, surely it would make more sense to use Manns, I know the previous owners did and the Rose and Crown (minnies) in stannington village use their fish. Should always use local suppliers!

I totally agree with you on the local suppliers front, however as you may have noticed we are in the centre of England and it is also important to keep the food miles down for the environment. Manns buys fish from the same people we do and by cutting out Manns we save money, get fresher fish and save on food miles.

went in for lunch today as was very nice.i asked if the fish was from Manns and was told yes.I went down to Mann's to say how nice there fish was and was told that they don't supply the robin hood.???

I'm sorry you were mis informed of our supplier, we name all our suppliers on our website. As I mentioned above we don't use Manns for other reasons. However you enjoyed the fish and thats all that matters!!

Thanks for the custom and we hope to see you again soon. :D

This pub/restaurant is in a fantastic setting only 10 minutes from Hillsborough and could be the hub of a nice walk then something to eat.

But, to gain a reputation and regular eating clientel the food has to be excellent and I am afraid our first experience was not great, Homemade Burger, OK but looked grey as if had been frozen, served in what looked like a warburtons bap, how much extra would a rustic cob have cost? accompanied by watery coleslaw (have the veg mix ready but add the mayo just prior to serving)

Bread and olives, olive quality should be much better, bread needed to be chunkier and a mix of styles, not thinly sliced plain white loaf.

To see what good looks like, consider taking the cheff to Charlies in Baslow, better and cheaper, the Milestone at Shalesmoor, simmilar price but better food and better presentation, Thyme cafe (shame about the fries) but everything else they have got spot on.

Get the lunches right and you could be on to a real winner. I hope this criticism is constructive and helps. We will try again but only once unless there is much improvement.

The beers were great.

Cheers

I think your completely right with your comments, it must have been a while ago since you came, as we have changed the burger dramatically. This is our first year of business and we are learning every day, it's not easy training two junior chefs and trying to run a busy kitchen that prepares fresh food every day.

We hope you come back again in the near future.

Thank you for your feedback

Chef

Just had to add my experience, I brought 40 odd of my relatives in for lunch on the 27h of Dec after my wedding the previouse day. The staff were amazing and the food was good quality. Despite being short of time due to the airport run they were able to serve my family a 3 course choice of Sunday lunch all of which were great. Every one had a fantastic time and people are still talking about it now. Thanks

Just had to add my experience, I brought 40 odd of my relatives in for lunch on the 27h of Dec after my wedding the previouse day. The staff were amazing and the food was good quality. Despite being short of time due to the airport run they were able to serve my family a 3 course choice of Sunday lunch all of which were great. Every one had a fantastic time and people are still talking about it now. Thanks

Liz thank you so much for the lovely comments.

Hope to see you soon

Bec

As I stated some weeks ago, had booked for the gourmet meal/Rosie Brown concert at the Robin Hood.

Well it was last night and a wonderful occasion. The food, all four courses of it was really good and it was a wonderfully intimate venue for the great Rosie Brown.

The Robin Hood is definitely THE place to eat!!

Has anyone been for Sunday lunch to Robin Hood at Little Matlock in past few weeks? I know its no longer a carvery but is it still of same standard?

Hi can anyone tell if the Robin Hood are having a fun day tomorrow (monday).

I am sure i saw something advertised a while ago but cannot seem to find it.

Thanks in advance.