Can I renegotiate sale price on a house once we've agreed on one?

Please help me.

I'm a little stressed out. We have recently agreed to buy a property but in our haste, I feel that we have overpaid for it so I would like to renegotiate with the seller for a lower price.

Is this possible?:confused:

The solicitors checks are going through but we haven't signed any contracts as yet.

Also, our survey picked up that the house needed new electrical wiring throughout - can I use this as a reason to lower the price a little? Or is it too late......... :(

Any advice would be much appreciated :)

Please help me.

I'm a little stressed out. We have recently agreed to buy a property but in our haste, I feel that we have overpaid for it so I would like to renegotiate with the seller for a lower price.

Is this possible?:confused:

The solicitors checks are going through but we haven't signed any contracts as yet.

Also, our survey picked up that the house needed new electrical wiring throughout - can I use this as a reason to lower the price a little? Or is it too late......... :(

Any advice would be much appreciated :)

Yes you can, get some estimates for the cost of the re-wire and use this as leverage.

Yes you can, get some estimates for the cost of the re-wire and use this as leverage.

Thanks for your help :)

Known as guzundering I think.

certainly an opportunity to renegotiate form the survey, but why not be honest. I think I've paid too much, I want to negotiate a new price. If they won't, you are free to walk away until you exchange contracts.

Get on with it before your solicitors bill get too heavy. If you are nervous about making a reduced offer, ask your solicitor to do it for you.