Arbourthorne Pond

I went for a walk around it today and I was shocked as it was in a right mess....there was weed chucked all over the foot paths...I think they must have been dragging the weed out and just dumped it everywhere...the intake pipe that lets water into the pond was totally blocked of with over grown bull rushes and somebody had been on the island in the middle of it and chopped all the trees down....I was shocked as I can remember a few years ago it being a great pond and it was spotless...

Where are the ducks going to nest next year now the trees have gone as there will be no cover for them to make there nest ?

What a shame people have let it get that way as it used to be my favorite place to fish and relax..

Whats your thoughts on it ?

Is there still fish in there? if so what.

yeh ive noticed it going down hill over the years and the council dont seem to give a dam, we are supposed to be known as one of the greenest cities in britian but that dont mean a dam thing as if people came to see our greenary they would be disgusted at the state our estates keep them, people just dont seem to have the respect for there areas any more is what ive found.

Is there still fish in there? if so what.

its full of fish pal..carp roach Tommy rough eels bream ext if you can find a spot away from all the weed

yeh ive noticed it going down hill over the years and the council dont seem to give a dam, we are supposed to be known as one of the greenest cities in britian but that dont mean a dam thing as if people came to see our greenary they would be disgusted at the state our estates keep them, people just dont seem to have the respect for there areas any more is what ive found.

Your right there pal....I no they keep getting money and help from the lottery ext..none the less it gets worse every year...

I had a walk around there today with the dog its looking much better now all the mess has been moved and the lads where catching plenty of fish...I might even have an hour on there myself now

some times a good clean up helps things like draging weed out if it gets to much and as for trees on island that helps as with all the line floats weights that get stuck in the branchs will be the death of birds and other wild life , so it doe help all the folige does grow back ready for summer