Medical expenses in Turkey

went on holiday to turkey recently, i had some problems so ended up going to see the hotel nurse who ordered me a hospital taxi to take me to the hospital. there i gave them my travel insurance info.

the doctor saw me and gave me a prescription for 3 things. i was then told that i owed 67euros for them looking at me and that i had to pay it as my excess on travel insurance was £150.

i paid this and paid for my prescription myself. i was meant to go back 4 days later for a check up which i never went to as i didnt wanna pay the bill again myself.

i have now been back for 3 weeks and my insurance has been in touch saying they have recieved bills for medical expenses from turkey for 220 euros:

30 for the hospital taxi

90 for the doctors time

90 for my treatments (i didnt go back to the hospital again for treatments)

so now i have to pay my £150 excess for them to sort this.

DOES THIS SOUND RIGHT?

why did i have to pay that 67euros in the hospital when they must have know then i wud have to pay the other things that make it more then £150 excess anyways?

any sensible advice/ comments would be appreciated

(and stupidly i have lost the reciept for 67 euros and the prescription)

Did you see the T.V. program about this, Hope you are now well,When I was unwell and had to go to the doctors in Spain, He gave me some tablets, When I got home I went to my G P he told me the tablets had not been given out in England for years, But I was not ripped off lol

My oh broke her wrist in spain last yr. Had to pay 80 euros to see doctor and 10 for pain killers at chemist. The bill was settled and got some bk cos xcess was £50. I can only say have a lower xcess, read your policy and save all receipts, put this down to experience. You could try chasing it up with your insurance, they can only say no but don't hold your breath. Good luck.

yeah mine is the same as dudan, they wanted me to go back for another check, and a scan and mentioned operations so i didnt go back, but my insurance company said i was gettin charged for having the scan.

turkey isnt in the EU so they wudnt even touch me without my travel insurance documents

^^^^^Reported as spam

I reported this HOURS before you Rolling J  but as usual nothing done  !!!

Why do we bother reporting these  ?

Somebody needs to  WAKE UP !!

18hrs

Edited by Annie Bynnol

Post #11  also looks like spam to me and that has lasted for over 10 years.

24 minutes ago, horribleblob said:

Post #11  also looks like spam to me and that has lasted for over 10 years.

Hadn't noticed that one, but you are totally correct - it is pure spam, amazed it didn't get pulled.