The old Middlewood Hospital history/records etc

Due to recent family incidents regarding mental health can anyone tell me if the patient information is still available and where do i have to go to obtain them. THANKYOU!

hi you are asking about charlie yes i knew him well i was the sister on ward eight where charlie was he was tall slim very wiry dark hair always looked tanned due to him working out of doors smoked worked in the concreat dept makeing concrete slabs some mondays after being paid for his weeks work would bring me a mars bar and a magazine wth a blonde girl on it when i thanked him but told him he should keep his money to spend on himself he would say the girl looks like you he always watched hulk on the tv just loved when the man turned green and huge once walked onto the ward carrying a sink from the toilets to show me it was not working if i can i will look to see if i have a photo of when he was on holiday i knew its grim to spend most of your life in middlewood but he was content in some ways he had a job could come and go as he wanted loved being outside and most of his acute mental problems where controlled hope this helps a little sandra

Hi ya Sandra,

Thankyou for the information it's GREAT to know what kind of person he he was & that he had lovely people like you around him to take care of him. If you do have a photo that would also be nice to have. THANK YOU so much James.

Hi anyone remember john and Sylvia Mitchell. If so let me know and I'll let them know. John is nearly blind and Sylvia still works at the new madhouse Forest Lodge.

Oh some might remember me to, the little blonde hair chap called Darren Mitchell who was always on the wards causing bother.[/QU

Sylvia..what a star!!!! scared me to death when I first met her but she is a fab person and a dam good nurse!! She scared me because she was a sraight talker but that was her!! does not suffer fools gladly, heart of gold!!!!

can anyone remember walter..still see him with his wednesday scalf on!! oh and his conkers!!

Hillsborough and Wadsley wouldn't be the same without Walter. At 84 he still "does his rounds" with conkers, sweets etc. I haven't seen him since midsummer as I live mostly in North Lincs. now, but I try to keep him supplied with his favourite Hamlet cigars, at least when I've recently had a duty-free allowance. Walter has been mentioned in a number of threads, and he has his own thread here (note the photo link in post #21).

Hi,

Does anyone remember Hope Powell who was a patient at Middlewood during the 1940, 50s and part of the 60s at least. She was my fathers first wife and I know nothing about her except that she was a patient there.

I used to work in the old middlewood hospital mortuary until the hospital closed, then moved on if your interested we can chat ?

Edited by paulwood
not my question sorry

DOES ANYONE OUT THERE KNOW OR REMEMBER THE GIRLS WHO WORKED IN MIDDLEWOOD HOSPITAL SMALL LAUNDERETTE WHICH WAS LEFT OF THE OLD CLOCK TOWER, I SPENT SOME LONG AND HAPPY HOURS CHATTING THERE, THE PERSON IN CHARGE AND WAS CALLED LORNA SHE LIVED UP AT BOLSTERSTONE , THIS WAS POSS LATE SEVENTIES ME THINKS .GET IN TOUCH paulwood964@btinternet.com

Anyone remember a patient called Eveline Powell?

hi everybody it wernt just a mental hospital i had a hernia hop there in the early 70s

Would you like to share your memories of the hospital?

An internet project depicting this former Victorian institution. There are currently several hundreds photos and illustrations available on-line.

To follow the project. Please visit my site at http://www.rotherham-images.co.uk and click on the ‘Middlewood hospital’ link.

Full contact details on the site.

Edited by rotherham-a