The old Middlewood Hospital history/records etc

hi yes i remember your gran very well she had a puppy of my mums bitch the puppy was beautiful not a bit like her terrier mum I worked on the same wards and i find it strange to think of Joan as a granny give her my regards when you next see her my name was sandra

Aww :) yes I will do, I haven't seen her since I was really young now.. but she is back in England (she moved to France with my grandpa). It was at her house that the man with the bin lid turned up pretending to be god haha! and 'charles bronsons daughter' used to go up to their front window and stare at them for ages! this was on stockarth!

hi does anyone remember my nan iris bullivant? not sure when she started think it was early 90's but i know she stayed when it closed and she moved on to grenoside hospital, i know she knew George the light-bulb man lol it would be great if anyone knew her could get in-touch her maiden name was Jessop she had a brother called Laurence and a sister called Maureen. thanx

my great aunt yeonny lickert died there does anyone remember her

Just Google Middle Wood Hospital, you will find all the pictures you want.

hi mike i remember you well to well i had a crush on you when i was a student nurse there and remember that we where on the same ward i student you staff nurse we used to make the beds in a morning do you remember jack sharret who had been in the navy we all used to go to the same partys great to hear that you have a great life in canada and that you remember the old place i know that people who had never been there would never under stand what a great place it was both staff and patients where so speciel they only come once in a lifetime oh but those cold winter 6am starts it was so difficult to get out of bed and i lived in the nurses residence

HI Lady Saffron.....I am Mike Turner who lives in Canada. I left Middlewood in 1975 and was a Chargenurse on nights. I trained from 1959-1962.I am married to Margaret Burgar,who was a dental nurse/chairside assistant in the hospital dental department. In Canada I worked in several hospitals in Edmonton,and retired as a senior Nursing Supervisor.I think you were thinking of a different Mike.......Mike Turner.

HI Lady Saffron.....I am Mike Turner who lives in Canada. I left Middlewood in 1975 and was a Chargenurse on nights. I trained from 1959-1962.I am married to Margaret Burgar,who was a dental nurse/chairside assistant in the hospital dental department. In Canada I worked in several hospitals in Edmonton,and retired as a senior Nursing Supervisor.I think you were thinking of a different Mike.......Mike Turner.
Hi Mike,was the dentist name Fairfax I seem to remember llooking after a car there for a guy with that name,also Dr.Gemmel,miss Wing,Dr White and a charge nurse called Ron Martin.I worked at Waldot Service Station at that time and we looked after many cars from up there.I remember one patient who walked around with a yoke on us shoulders all the time.

Is there anyone with any stories of the resident called Charles Scarborough ( The Gentle Giant ), he was at MiddleWood from an early age and died in 1990s ??? Any information would be gratefully recieved.

Hi Mike,was the dentist name Fairfax I seem to remember llooking after a car there for a guy with that name,also Dr.Gemmel,miss Wing,Dr White and a charge nurse called Ron Martin.I worked at Waldot Service Station at that time and we looked after many cars from up there.I remember one patient who walked around with a yoke on us shoulders all the time.

Hi mel. I have sent you two long messages but the Forum keeps telling me l'm not authorised and cancels them. Please let me know if you receive this message.........Mike Turner.

Hi mel. I have sent you two long messages but the Forum keeps telling me l'm not authorised and cancels them. Please let me know if you receive this message.........Mike Turner.
Yes mike I got this one,I dont know whats wrong with the forum you have enough mails.

would the name of the dentist be Franklin the telephone ext was 230

Edited by clown
letters mi

would the name of the dentist be Franklin the telephone ext was 230
Yes you may be right on that it was a long time ago.:)