SUFC INVESTMENT Update

we still do :) remember the proposed £70m sale, the £40m, ? £20M? the many pull outs the ££9m and £7m club 9 deals ???

All pre wind up orders of course and after 4 years !!! a £1 sale and £20m of debts welched on !!

Yet you Owls still have the Gaul to Comment on another clubs finances, one without a hint of a single winding up order nor any bank debt !!

Would your time be more fruitful boasting of your clubs long forgotten status as Sheffields highest place club? after all its been over 12 years!

Why not boast of your chairmans great progress since his takeover?

Why?? out of your 25 football related posts are 15 on United threads? (10 on Owls)

Enjoy your success , and stop feeling threatened by your more honourable neighbours.

LB in stuck record mode

In 1986 I saw Frank Carson on the pier in Yarmouth.

In 2005 I saw him again, same venue, same material, same suit!

LB-Sheffield Forums version of Frank Carson!

It's the way I tell 'em!

LB in stuck record mode

In 1986 I saw Frank Carson on the pier in Yarmouth.

In 2005 I saw him again, same venue, same material, same suit!

LB-Sheffield Forums version of Frank Carson!

It's the way I tell 'em!

lol, and still no reasoned debate from any Owl.:hihi:

On topic, re financial matters, United are very honourable. We honour our commitments, we pay our way and honour our debts. Its also of interest to note we dont go cap in hand to banks, and then fail to repay.

Now if that is incorrect, please state your case.

And if you are able debate and discuss the Owls financial history, Its hand outs,winding up orders, welching and debts.

What hand outs have the Owls had that united haven't also taken from the same pot?

What difference does a winding up order make? It was in relation to us being late paying a debt to HMRC. The debt was paid. HMRC were and are happy. Where is the problem? The only person who actually thinks there is a problem is you.

What debts have we walked away from? We've reached agreements with some creditors. They are happy. Can you post evidence to the contrary?

What debts do we have now?

Nothing in the above, in any way, shape or form, points to a dishonourable club. You've really, really gotta wanna see it haven't ya.

But regardless of that, heres the clincher: we don't have any debt to any banks. Our debt, like yours, is to our chairman. But our debt to our chairman is a lot less than you owe yours, ours still has money left to invest, and we aren't desperately looking for investment.

We were once, and we were roundly mocked for how long it took. We stood by while you lot taunted us with 'no one wouldwant that sinking ship' etc.

Shoes on the other foot now. Mccabes been looking for investment for YEARS. And not a sausage.

July the 1st :hihi:

Honourable as in Ched Evans rapist Bit of a cheap shot Frank I've not come across anyone applauding him, what he did was despicable. The ONLY difference between him & other rapists is he was a footballer, who made his trade with United..?

Or Paddy Kenny drugs cheat Said we should have sacked him immediately, but remember what you've said don't forget he is not being allowed to represent his country as some drug cheats are-- and they were banned for life (Olympics)/?

Or suing the FA et al I think you'll find WHU were found GUILTY 3 times of cheating, twice by independent commissions but not punished appropriately.?

Or squealing for a cup replay I think you'll find ladybirds answered that one very correctly, it was Wenger that demanded the replay, United players still in shower when he did it. ?

Or the only club to have a game abandoned due to having too many players sent off (or being 'injured')? So the game was abandoned United were found INNOCENT of ANY wrong doing

Please remember your club are not squeaky clean so don't come the old soldier.

That's the only problem m8 with living in glass houses, be careful when stones get thrown. And to anyone else with bright comments about CE or GM both United or Wednesday won't have written it in their contracts, that they can go out and scrap or rape women, but rest assured, when convicted one club got rid & I'm sure the other one would also with any player.

What hand outs have the Owls had that united haven't also taken from the same pot?

What difference does a winding up order make? It was in relation to us being late paying a debt to HMRC. The debt was paid. HMRC were and are happy. Where is the problem? The only person who actually thinks there is a problem is you.

What debts have we walked away from? We've reached agreements with some creditors. They are happy. Can you post evidence to the contrary?

What debts do we have now?

Nothing in the above, in any way, shape or form, points to a dishonourable club. You've really, really gotta wanna see it haven't ya.

But regardless of that, heres the clincher: we don't have any debt to any banks. Our debt, like yours, is to our chairman. But our debt to our chairman is a lot less than you owe yours, ours still has money left to invest, and we aren't desperately looking for investment.

We were once, and we were roundly mocked for how long it took. We stood by while you lot yaunted us with 'no one wouldwant that sinking ship' etc.

Shoes on the other foot now. Mccabes been looking for investment for YEARS. And not a sausage.

July the 1st :hihi:

RECENT HISTORY can not be swept under the carpet as you Owls would like :) the thread and the" hunting pack " have missed an important point over looked much ealier in the thread. "the pack" continue to debate Uniteds finances when those in glass houses should not throw stones!

United pay their way and owe nothing to the banks.

Again would you Owls not be better gloating over your present position on the park, in Sheffield , in the league, rather than trying to "fish" on a topic you Owls have little knowledge and even less creditability ! that being clubs financial issues.

On topic, re financial matters, United are very honourable. We honour our commitments, we pay our way and honour our debts. Its also of interest to note we dont go cap in hand to banks, and then fail to repay.

Now if that is incorrect, please state your case.

And if you are able, debate and discuss the Owls financial history, Its hand outs,winding up orders, welching and debts.

Define welching!

Yes, very honourable.

Remind us about the West Ham saga and suing Worksop Town.

:hihi::hihi::loopy::loopy::hihi::hihi:

Firstly the West Ham saga, we fought our corner on an injustice, we received an out of court settlement from west ham. United took action any club in our position would have took! that includes the Owls.

Had it been Wigan taking such action and it nearly was, that story and news would be chip paper by now.

As for Worksop, United over the years have been very charitable to the club, and when owed money, gave that club plenty of time to repay its debt. Worksop refused , United are like all clubs again including the Owls! dont your club chase up outstanding bills ?

You bring up Worksop, why not balance your post on the good work the club does in the community of football, we loaned quinny to Rotherham in their dark days free of charge, we donated again to Rotherham the total income fron the derby beam back too !!

Sorry you need reminding, i thought you Owls were all knowing on United matters.

Edited by TAT

Define welching!

Its the opposite to paying your way/bills/contacts and agreed under takings.

Honourable as in Ched Evans rapist Bit of a cheap shot Frank I've not come across anyone applauding him, what he did was despicable. The ONLY difference between him & other rapists is he was a footballer, who made his trade with United..?

Or Paddy Kenny drugs cheat Said we should have sacked him immediately, but remember what you've said don't forget he is not being allowed to represent his country as some drug cheats are-- and they were banned for life (Olympics)/?

Or suing the FA et al I think you'll find WHU were found GUILTY 3 times of cheating, twice by independent commissions but not punished appropriately.?

Or squealing for a cup replay I think you'll find ladybirds answered that one very correctly, it was Wenger that demanded the replay, United players still in shower when he did it. ?

Or the only club to have a game abandoned due to having too many players sent off (or being 'injured')? So the game was abandoned United were found INNOCENT of ANY wrong doing

Please remember your club are not squeaky clean so don't come the old soldier.

That's the only problem m8 with living in glass houses, be careful when stones get thrown. And to anyone else with bright comments about CE or GM both United or Wednesday won't have written it in their contracts, that they can go out and scrap or rape women, but rest assured, when convicted one club got rid & I'm sure the other one would also with any player.

I think if you look over my post, I'm not for one minute arguing about how honourable Wednesday are.

The point I was making was in responce to LB's ludicrous suggestion that Wednesday should look up to United as the city's honourable club.

Each club has its skeletons in its closets, hence why I didn't state about Wednesday. I only highlighted some of the skeletons united have before LB gets too carried away on his (ridiculous) high horse.

And as for cheap personal digs, you don't have to go too far to find a thread which will mention the 1960's betting scandals, and some blades fans STILL point a finger accusingly at the current club.

RECENT HISTORY can not be swept under the carpet as you Owls would like :) the thread and the" hunting pack " have missed an important point over looked much ealier in the thread. "the pack" continue to debate Uniteds finances when those in glass houses should not throw stones!

Again would you Owls not be better gloating over your present position on the park, in Sheffield , in the league, rather than trying to "fish" on a topic you Owls have little knowledge and even less creditability ! that being clubs financial issues.

Can I just clarify this point.

Are United currently debt free?

If not, who do they owe money too?

Who are the 'External Debts' that were spokne of recently when McCabe said he planned to be external debt free in x many years?

How on track are you with repaying your external debt?

You say you have no bank debt, does that include your external debt (if you still have it)?

And how much interbal debt do united have, and when is this due for repayment?

Any chance of a 'F. Sidebottom vs Ladybirds' thread so they can both argue till the cows come home and leave the rest of us to it??? :hihi::hihi:

we took untold stick about how long it took us to get investment, it's only fair any owls that want to have a laugh at you guys should:) as for the bold comment neither set of fans truly know about our clubs finances fully, any problems our clubs have had aren't down to the fans so any owl has a right to comment on your finances, just as plenty of blades gloated and laugh at our past troubles