Police give up the fight as yobs take over

Disband the Police ''service''.

Replace with Paras, Royal Marines and elements of B Squadron.

why do people try to say its the police that should sort them out ,they do have parents ,they should do somethink about them ,

Exactly! this is how they are brought up and it starts at home with parents, I have never felt the need to go vandalise peoples property cos i was brought up with respect!

why is it the police's job to sort these idiots out??

Why don't they introduce a new paramilitary style wing of the police force specifically to go out and deal with louts.....I'm talking minimum 6ft, fit and healthy, men only, new uniform like green or black overalls and berets instead of silly tit top or flat top hats. The yobs should know that if they're going to cause trouble, the coppers that are going to be sent in to deal with them are going to be the meanest son's of bitches in uniform.

Why don't they introduce a new paramilitary style wing of the police force specifically to go out and deal with louts.....I'm talking minimum 6ft, fit and healthy, men only, new uniform like green or black overalls and berets instead of silly tit top or flat top hats. The yobs should know that if they're going to cause trouble, the coppers that are going to be sent in to deal with them are going to be the meanest son's of bitches in uniform.

The government ARE doing this.

But not with the military obviously. The privatisation of the police is set in motion now. So the private security firms can take over patrol work. The guys working the doors at night now, can also work daytimes and be around to beat the crap out of these yobs. And if the yobs dare go into to town at night, they'll meet the same guys working the doors.!!

town will much be much safer of an evening..

I feel a bit sorry for the cops that will lose jobs, but they shouldve got a grip when they had their chance and not been so softly softly. The yobs have no respect for the cops anymore. You can bet they will clear off when the private firms turn up though..!

we can even give the patrol guys a bonus system for the amount of arrests or thick ears they give out.! The cops nowadays just get paid regardless of how long they sit on their backside..

The police is no different to british steel, national coal board, british rail. Another nationalised industry, bloated and expensive. Im glad its about to broken up and flogged off. We all might sleep at night then.

A major contribution to the problem has been the increase in the penalising of well-meaning individuals/communities that used to control such behaviour.

... coupled with the inadequacy of the criminal justice system in providing an effective replacement.

Coupled with the criminal justices system making far too much money out of crime!

Reduce the paperwork and the obvious consequence is likely to be a reduced conviction rate because evidence for the courts will be less robust. If the standard of proof for convictions is reduced, them the consequence will be more unfair convictions
It's a fair comment, but I was thinking more along the lines of streamlining or 'automating' that aspect of the profession, what with the apparent widespread adoption of high-tech mobile comms and devices by Officers and Forces.

e.g. using voice-to-text software for report-making on-the-fly, using location-agnostic synchronisation of electronic documents with evidence-gathering output (images, clips, forensic reports, etc).

Put simply, avoid inputting the same data over and over by different operators in or along the chain, so freeing up time for actual policing. Get officers or, rather, the policing 'system' as a whole, more productive (with a production expressed in terms of hours effectively spent policing, rather than a number's game of arrests/conviction rates or such other malleable, meaningless statistics)

Edited by L00b

That's how policing used to be!......................so what's changed to the system that has now become a joke? LAWYERS!!! that can sue the cops for almost nothing.Litigation and compensation are strangling the system now,so instead of 6ft cops that demanded respect or else, you now have cops male and female that sometimes look like schoolkids! the scrotes round our way just laugh at them............you certainly would not have done that some years ago,but now they have "human rights" you can't touch them,so the cops have virtually given up,and the justices system and jail has become an obscene expense to us all!

The Ray Mallons in the force are being done away with and are being replaced with a new officer class, indoctrinated with fashionable theories and getting social science degrees at the "police staff college" at Bramshill.

There is a thread about the Police Staff College on a police forum-Policeoracle, questioning weather the college is usefull or not...the OP of the thread, who is probably a copper, writes:

In veiw of a decision by a certain East Anglian Force not to prosecute two unemployed 'Foreigners' for vandalism to cars because they were jobless and had no funds, and it would 'cost too much money'!!. What sort of 'signal' does this send out to the Public? Why is it other EU States who are subject to Human Rights and similar EU legislation can manage to prosecute and deport foreign criminals, Yobs etc even if those criminals/Yobs belong to other EU States?

Also the recent 'Road Rage' incident where no prosecutions have been made, even after the victim has photographic eveidence. The reason given by the Police was.... "Its your own fault, people round here dont like their photographs being taken!!!!!!!" What is all this about??

As for my original posed question --- of what use is Bramshill Police Staff College. Does it teach 'Leadership Skills', or is it just a factory for 'Politcal Correctness' and 'Marxist/Leninist' sociology indoctrination of Senior and Chief Officers?

http://www.policeoracle.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3630

Edited by Shy talk

It's the liberal judges & law makers in the government who are to blame. Who'd be a policeman?

First step i'd make it compulsory that MP'S when not at westmeinster MUST live in their constituency!

Second step i'd make it compulsory that high ranking judges no longer afford police protection.

Perhaps we might just see some 'motivated' justice!

well my mate runs a security firm and he is itching to get the local contract to police the part of town where he lives. He's got loads of really handy blokes working for him that cant wait to get started and sort out the local scum.

He's even offering an open door to any cops that get made redundant that are over 6' tall and fancy doing the job working for him. and he says there will be "bonus" system to help make up for the lower wages..!!

well my mate runs a security firm and he is itching to get the local contract to police the part of town where he lives. He's got loads of really handy blokes working for him that cant wait to get started and sort out the local scum.

He's even offering an open door to any cops that get made redundant that are over 6' tall and fancy doing the job working for him. and he says there will be "bonus" system to help make up for the lower wages..!!

Just what we don't want - the local thugs taking over. What will be next - protection rackets?

well it cant be any worse than it is now..!!

besides. His blokes are really well trained. They keep a regular log of anything they get involved with when theyre working the doors. They are all first-aid trained. They can easily do the same job as the cops, but much cheaper, and they dont take any lip..!!