The Ashes 2010/2011 Super Happy Megathread

Sad I know but I can't wait for the ashes to start next week!

I'm just watching England and against the Oz A team as I have done the last couple of days and in all honesty I'm getting some really good vibes, I think we look composed and the conditions over there seem to suit us from what I can see so overall things are looking ok.

England have the upper hand,for the 1st time since gatt &co down under we look a good bet.

The gabbas not an easy place to get a winning start,Oz are strong at brisbane,but i like the look of england,its a well balanced side and we have 4 bowlers that will take 11 wickets,in swan,the best spinner around too just now.

Batting wise,KP is the guy Oz will target as a weak link,he needs to play with thought for the team.

By comparison,Oz have just had a poor tour of india,and look very beatable,even on home soil,no more mcgrath, warne and lee,the bowlers look pretty standard,clarke will be a key player,as will the skipper.

REALLY cant wait now

I'm afraid to say the Happy Hippy died yesterday and he was one of the major contributors to the various cricket threads on Sheffield Forum over the last 5 years and a really good friend of mine.

We both sat up all night getting wrecked whilst England suffered the indignity of the 5-0 whitewash last time in Oz. This is the thread http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=143070

I was called carcrash at the time and we both suffered greatly through the endless nights and I'm going to miss him terribly, particularly as we are on the cusp of another Aussie test series.

RIP Happy Hippy.

not long til it gets underway, a mate of mine lives over there and says hes getting alot of stick already :hihi: its a shame hippy isnt here to contribute to this thread. im sure hell be watching from above and hopefully england will do him proud. ill be staying up watching it for certain.

12 hours and 45 mins to go and I need to fit another sleep in.

I would be quite happy if it rained in Brisbane for the next 5 days.

12 hours and 45 mins to go and I need to fit another sleep in.

I would be quite happy if it rained in Brisbane for the next 5 days.

cant wait for this, just hope skyplayer works on my comp and ill be set. my sleeping pattern is messed up already so another couple of hours onto the time i go to bed cant hurt :hihi: johnson says theyll be giving strauss alot of short balls lol, its alright mate, be funny watching you wait for the ball to be thrown back from the boundary then :thumbsup:

Cricket: The Ashes

Australia vs England - 1st Test 6/5 3/1 15/8

Australia - 1st innings runs

Selection Odds

Over (365.5) 5/6

Under (365.5) 5/6

England - 1st innings runs

Selection Odds

Over (355.5) 5/6

Under (355.5) 5/6

1st Innings Lead

Selection Odds

Australia 8/11

England evens

Fall of 1st AUS wicket - 1st innings

Selection Odds

Over (35.5) 5/6

Under (35.5) 5/6

Fall of 1st ENG wicket - 1st innings

Selection Odds

Over (35.5) 5/6

Under (35.5) 5/6

http://sports.ladbrokes.com/en-gb/Australia-vs-England---1st-|Test-e214477804

im suspiciously optimistic, but i feel the first test will be drawn, with some big team scores for both sides.

im suspiciously optimistic, but i feel the first test will be drawn, with some big team scores for both sides.

I'll watch the start tommorow night, i'm not sure how long i'll last before i fall asleep on the sofa though lol.

I tried optimism last time we were over there and the time before and look where that got us.

I've never thought we had much of a chance in the 90s.

Nothing has gone wrong on this tour as of yet, no injuries, decent warm up games and what looks to be a good atmosphere in the camp. Most people would look on that positively but I just see a load of things to go wrong during the tests.

I don't do gambling but the bookies have the Aussies on better odds and lets face it, we were very very lucky to win in 05 and last year.

well I have to say I am feeling very possitive about this series. I think we will win it too. fingers crossed and everything else crossed for that matter :)