The Ashes 2010/2011 Super Happy Megathread

Good luck england do us proud, you can't do any worse than our football team :clap::headbang::banana::thumbsup:

I tried optimism last time we were over there and the time before and look where that got us.

I've never thought we had much of a chance in the 90s.

Nothing has gone wrong on this tour as of yet, no injuries, decent warm up games and what looks to be a good atmosphere in the camp. Most people would look on that positively but I just see a load of things to go wrong during the tests.

I don't do gambling but the bookies have the Aussies on better odds and lets face it, we were very very lucky to win in 05 and last year.

aslong as we go out there and be positive i dont see why we cant do it, problem we had last series was batsmen not going on to make bigger scores when getting in, i think our batsmen have been in some good form leading upto this, quietly confident we can retain the ashes but its not going to be easy.

Soooooooo excited now! 5 hours to go....

So, should we go against the wisdom and have a bowl? Probably not a good idea I suppose but the pitch is green and its gonna be overcast apparently. Love to see Jimmy hooping it around.

Guest sibon

So, should we go against the wisdom and have a bowl? Probably not a good idea I suppose but the pitch is green and its gonna be overcast apparently. Love to see Jimmy hooping it around.

I'm sure that Nasser will have an opinion on that:D

Bat first, always in Australia. Our batters are used to the swinging ball, they should be ok against a fairly ordinary Aussie attack.

Nasser thought that was a good idea in 2002/03 and this was the result.

http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Scorecards/75/75735.html

Horrific reading

Yeah mate I know it would probably be a mistake just cant help thinking getting stuck in to them if its swinging....

Plus I HATE watching England bat, every delivery Im expecting an edge - its no good for the nerves haha

I think this time Australia could be defeated by this English team. Either England will win the ashes,or they drew with mighty australians. Australia lost them monopole in cricket world.

I would love us to beat them. Dont know if its just typical english negativity but Im just not convinced about our attack;

Anderson - If it doesnt swing he can be easy pickings

Broad - Too inconsistent, barring that spell at the Oval, he was terrible last Ashes

Finn - Literally, who knows?!

Swann - World class, but they will want to get after him....

Batting is also a worry, they have all been found out by strong bowlers.

Having said all this, if England play to their best they are better than the Aussies.....so

Come on England!

An hour and a half to go hehehehehe

I do hope you will all have a glass of your choice ready to raise to the memory of Happy Hippy when the first ball is bowled.

He truly loved the game and I know just how much he was looking forward to this test series and it's a really sad loss.

So in the old tradition:-

Beer - check

Fags - check

Rizlas - check

Lighter - check

Spare lighter - check

Overwhelming sense of gloom because everybody is too cocky - check

Cheese on toast ingredients for lunch - check

Fingernails - diminishing

Rain Dance - still got the moves and still got the groove.

Lets hope it's the most boring series on record and the wettest summer Oz has ever seen and we have 25 days of continual rain during the time of play.

I do hope you will all have a glass of your choice ready to raise to the memory of Happy Hippy when the first ball is bowled.

He truly loved the game and I know just how much he was looking forward to this test series and it's a really sad loss.

So in the old tradition:-

Beer - check

Fags - check

Rizlas - check

Lighter - check

Spare lighter - check

Overwhelming sense of gloom because everybody is too cocky - check

Cheese on toast ingredients for lunch - check

Fingernails - diminishing

Rain Dance - still got the moves and still got the groove.

Lets hope it's the most boring series on record and the wettest summer Oz has ever seen and we have 25 days of continual rain during the time of play.

Excellent post m8, there was 1 check which was missed which was to do with rizla lol.

Do it for HH England !!!! :thumbsup:

A couple of websites you might be interested in.

If you haven't got skysports you could do a lot worst than do a search for webcric. use firefox if you can because it has endless pop ups and crap but it works and it covers all international cricket. The quality can vary but it's free.

The other is http://www.testmatchsofa.com a group of people commentating on the cricket from their front room. Good laugh and decent people and it can make a very welcome change to Michael Vaughan making up cricketing slang words and commenting on peoples hair.