Dishwasher connections leaking - not sure who to contact

I've just got back from holiday to find water oozing up through the gaps in the laminate flooring in the kitchen. I've tracked it down to behind the integral dishwasher and it's obviously been dripping for weeks. It drips all the time, whether the washer is on or off.

I rang an appliance repair firm and said I didn't think it was the dishwasher itself but that I needed someone to come and take the integral washer out. They said they didn't do that. So who do I ask? An odd job man,a plumber?

I can see how to take the fixing screws out but the washer is on legs and i can see they are on bits of MDF at the back so if i managed to get it out myself, I'd never get it back on my own.

Any ideas gratefully received!

i was gonna say the black rubber washers in the hose might have perished but it sounds by your comments its coming from inside the machine ???

id call someone who deals with washers and stuff

good luck hope you get it sorted :)

i was gonna say the black rubber washers in the hose might have perished but it sounds by your comments its coming from inside the machine ???

id call someone who deals with washers and stuff

good luck hope you get it sorted :)

Thanks Mr T - I'm sure it's not coming from the machine as the underside is completely dry - seems to be coming from between the washer and the wall which is why I think its the connections but of course I can't see cos its built-in! The dishwasher is only 2 years old and is only on twice a week so its not had heavy use. But thanks for taking the time to reply!

Will just have to keep on putting towels and newspapers down to stop it getting worse :(

where the hose connects to the wall if you turn of the water with the little tap thing disconnect the hose there should be a little rubber washer in the end make sure they haven't perished. check see if the pipe is wet.

when you say its built in can you pull out the dish washer ??

You're being v helpful but that's the whole issue - it is built in and I can't pull it away from the wall. Whenever I've had a dishwasher before I've easily pulled it out and sorted it but the thing is built under the worktop and has 4 screw legs to level it out. I can just see if I lie on the floor that the back 2 legs are set on bits of MDF so even if I managed to pull it out, I'd never get it back in. The concrete is soaking wet and I think I'm going to need a new floor (also only two years old)

What a bummer :-(

i like to be helpfull :D lol

sounds like you need to get someone out pretty quick cause you dont want the water gushing out :(

but dont get ripped off.

good luck sazz keep us informed sorry i cant help anymore :(

What area are you in?

I'm in Hillsborough tomorrow if that helps.

My contact details are on the URL below (and i'm a qualified plumber).

What area are you in?

I'm in Hillsborough tomorrow if that helps.

My contact details are on the URL below (and i'm a qualified plumber).

Thanks

Sent you a pm