Car insurance under 25; Driving other cars extension.

I have tried Churchill's but they don't do it. It will be a miracle if I do find a competitive insurer that does!

try confused.com

although we insure our daughter with express insurance through a broker called markerstudy.which we found via confused.com.

is it just me or can't any one else say confused.com without saying it like 'CONFUSED?....dot com'.

bloody annoying adverts.

I use confused.com - it's really good.

However I have been with AA since I was 22 and found it to be very competitve - turned 26 this year and my policy halved!

I got my first car and therefore first insurance when i was 24, assuming that it would cover me 3rd party on other cars, good job i read the paperwork and fineprint as it said somewhere that i was only covered third party on other cars if i was over 25, fortunately I turned 25 4 weeks later so it didn't bother me too much!

So it does happen, it does exist

(I'm insured through Diamond- £200 cheaper than all the others - but only cos i'm female;) )

I'm with Direct Line, fully comp. I'm 18 and drive a brand new car so my policy is sky high at £1,455 :o

Daddy, tells me he thinks I'm that competant a driver, that he'll let me drive his pride and joy... Untill I brought him up to speed, by showing him my policy...

Daddy's part of the school of thought, whereby comprehensive insurance+owners permission = you can drive someone elses car...

However this is no longer the case... Until I'm 25, I believe... :rolleyes:

Crikey Caprice - thats mental!

What car do you drive if you don't mind me asking?

05 Suzuki Alto, absynthfairy :) Low insurance group aswell... However there's alot of factors working against me... IE: My age, the vehicle's age, the fact that I've only had a license since Nov, the fact that I've only had a car since Jan...

Mind you, its not that bad considering that to insure my old N reg Rover 100, it was £950 on Third party Fire and Theft!!! :o

Ya gotta start somewhere I suppose... :P

Originally posted by caprice

I'm with Direct Line, fully comp. I'm 18 and drive a brand new car so my policy is sky high at £1,455 :o

A lad at work paid over £1800 to insure a two-year old Saxo, not even a VTR or VTS either. :gag:

So glad i'm over 25 with full no claims. :clap:

Originally posted by caprice

05 Suzuki Alto, absynthfairy :) Low insurance group aswell... However there's alot of factors working against me... IE: My age, the vehicle's age, the fact that I've only had a license since Nov, the fact that I've only had a car since Jan...

Mind you, its not that bad considering that to insure my old N reg Rover 100, it was £950 on Third party Fire and Theft!!! :o

Ya gotta start somewhere I suppose... :P

I have a similar problem, I have a 52 suzuki swift, bought from new, even smaller and lower group. Still costs me £800 a year and I'm over 25!!!! Again, its my first car, my first insurance, and I live in Parson Cross (grrr) my age and length of driving are the only things in my favour!!!

If i use my b/f's address details in the online quote things the price more than halfs!!!

I need to move house!!!!

Em

my daughter sorry i pay for my daughter £520 per year 3rd party for a suzuki jeep, age 19.norwich union wanted more than the car cost £5k.

Originally posted by willman

my daughter sorry i pay for my daughter £520 per year 3rd party for a suzuki jeep, age 19.norwich union wanted more than the car cost £5k.

Norwich Union hate young/new drivers... My old car cost £600, yet I still had to pay £950 to insure it... Fully comp would have been £1,100 with Direct line... NU wanted just short of £2k! They take the mickey!