Is anyone NOT interested in clubbing?

I may not get a good response to this or I may not get a response all at.

It may seem pretty unusual, but I am a university student and I am not interested in clubbing. Unfortunately a lot of people at the university are.

So I was kind of wondering if there is a group whereby they meet up and doing something other than clubbing i.e. cinema 10 pin bowling, restuarants etc etc. If there isn't would anyone be interested in doing something like this?

Unfortunately, there's no such thing at uni. Everything is aimed towards hard drinkers and clubbers.

Originally posted by teffey_2003

I may not get a good response to this or I may not get a response all at.

It may seem pretty unusual, but I am a university student and I am not interested in clubbing. Unfortunately a lot of people at the university are.

So I was kind of wondering if there is a group whereby they meet up and doing something other than clubbing i.e. cinema 10 pin bowling, restuarants etc etc. If there isn't would anyone be interested in doing something like this?

Unfortunately, there's no such thing at uni. Everything is aimed towards hard drinkers and clubbers.

I'm at Uni and I HATE clubbing! I really don't see the point. Otherwise intellectual students spend hours of their nights drinking to the point of being sick and dancing about in fast forward shelf stacking motions, and all talking about how they remember nothing the next day. Not my idea of fun at all. They also tend to be filled with mouthy lager louts and STD infected, microskirt wearing slappers/ 'ladettes'. I thought I was just about the only student to not enjoy clubbing. I much prefer cinema, restaurants, etc. Much more civilised.

Originally posted by t020

I'm at Uni and I HATE clubbing! I really don't see the point. Otherwise intellectual students spend hours of their nights drinking to the point of being sick and dancing about in fast forward shelf stacking motions, and all talking about how they remember nothing the next day. Not my idea of fun at all. They also tend to be filled with mouthy lager louts and STD infected, microskirt wearing slappers/ 'ladettes'. I thought I was just about the only student to not enjoy clubbing. I much prefer cinema, restaurants, etc. Much more civilised.

Ha - you obviously haven't been to that many clubs if that's your impression of all of them. You may be surprised to hear but not all are like that...

"...dancing in a fast forward shelf stacking motion"!!

Hilarious!

I mean, who wants to go out and meet women when you can stay in and play on the net instead...

Originally posted by t020

Shame really I was looking forward to the day I threw you outta a bar fire exit head first :D

Just kidding t020, I'm sure you'd never cause trouble really! :P

It depends what you mean by "clubbing"...... I'm also a student and I can't stand the whole hard house / dance / "towny" club scene. I know that lot's of people love it but it just makes my ears bleed! (I'm also way too lazy to have to dance at such a ridiculous pace).

That's not to say that I'm aversed to going to a club though, I love going to corporation as I can just sit and listen to the music I like. Sometimes I do drink too much and feel sick which is silly but never mind.

Anyway, my point was going to be that maybe you might be missing out if you don't try going to somewhere that doesn't necessarily fit the 'club-scene' stereotype.

I like to mix my activities and go to a club once or twice a week and to go to the cinema/bowling/something too!

Originally posted by Clair-bear

It depends what you mean by "clubbing"...... I'm also a student and I can't stand the whole hard house / dance / "towny" club scene.

A 'towny' club as you put it is nothing like a hard house/funky house/breaks/dnb... club. Towny clubs are **** for a start :)

Originally posted by fnkysknky

A 'towny' club as you put it is nothing like a hard house/funky house/breaks/dnb... club. Towny clubs are **** for a start :)

yes, to me a 'towny' club is all about cheesy top 40 tunes and the like. e.g mingdom.

Originally posted by Clair-bear

Anyway, my point was going to be that maybe you might be missing out if you don't try going to somewhere that doesn't necessarily fit the 'club-scene' stereotype.

I like to mix my activities and go to a club once or twice a week and to go to the cinema/bowling/something too!

quite right Clair-bear, its all about having a balance!

Originally posted by tinajones

yes, to me a 'towny' club is all about cheesy top 40 tunes and the like. e.g mingdom.

exactly, not quite the same as say the arches :D

Originally posted by fnkysknky

exactly, not quite the same as say the arches :D

Or Charles Street