Aston Hall gone into administration!!help

My fiance and I took a long time in deciding on Aston Hall for our wedding reception. We got a date held and just before we were due to pay the deposit we were informed that the hotels holding company, and sister hotels are been managed by administrators. Does anyone know if we can still take wedding insurance before laying down a deposit, and if we would be covered for our deposits? or anything? Also would our money's be legally ring fenced so it is not used to pay off debts? We intend to contact the administrator to discuss, so any advice would be welcome asap.

thanks

Sorry i cant offer any advice, but i wanted to say i hope you get it all sorted out! aston is a gorge hotel, and the Q hotels i have stayed at are lush, I would never have dreamed they'd be in administration!

I'd look somewhere else to be honest hun if a place goes into administration its practically done with :( i hope you sort it :( x

I had a look round Aston Hall the other week and noticed that they had gone in to administration. I asked about in the event of the hotel going in to administration what would happen to the deposit put down? The wedding co-ordinator assured me that any monies paid would be refunded.

We were informed that whatever happens,deposit will not be returned (as before).Im sure you would not get your deposit back I would definately double check that before you book anything.

If you put your money down knowing it goes into administration then you'll not get a penny - sounds pretty much a no brainer to me. Phone a wedding insurer and ask them outright but I doubt anyone will underwrite you in those circumstances. there are lots of other venues in sheffield for consideration - the food at Aston Hall's not the best!

to be honest you're going to find organising your wedding stressful enough, let alone without the added worry of the place you've decided going under. I looked at Aston Hall and to be honest was very un-impressed.

Too strict with regards tot he parts of the hotel you could use for photos, the views from the ceremony rooms were uninspiring. If I were you I'd look for and book somewhere else.

When a hotel is in the hands of an administration company that is continuing the business you will be fine and should have nothing to fear.

We were informed that whatever happens,deposit will not be returned (as before).Im sure you would not get your deposit back I would definately double check that before you book anything.

This is what I thought but I emailed them and they replied saying that a deposits woud be refunded. I would confirm this before putting it down.

When a company goes into administration, any monies they receive as a deposit must be "ringfenced" and only used for the purpose that it is intended. They cannot use that money to fund general day to day cashflow.

Therefore, if the company was subsequently put into liquidation ahead of any event, all deposits would be returned.

An administrator is working for the creditors of the company.

I had my wedding at Aston Hall 2 weeks - we wre informed that it had gone into administration as soon as it happened - we did a bit of research into it, and spoke to the administrators and assured all would be ok - and it was!

Had a fab day and couldn't have asked for more. The hotel has been taken over by a management company.

As for them being restrictive over where you could have photos - there were no rewtrictions for us, and the staff couldn't have been more helpful. We got married at the church, so couldn't really comment on civil cermony side

We're due to be married in Aston Hall in June 2012, unfortunately, we'd already paid the deposit BEFORE they went under, so our deposit MAY be lost, thing is though, it's in the administrator's interests to have as many weddings in the diary as possible, it makes the business more profitable to sell. There's another few grand to add on if our wedding goes ahead, just have to hope that the company that eventually buys the business (if it is in fact sold) appreciate that.