13 year old kid mugged at Meadowhall

I've sent the management at Meadowhall a link to this thread - just thought it might help..... seeing as they make a point on their website....

If you’ve any great ideas, suggestions or queries, we’d like to hear them.

Email us Call us

Excellent idea!

I'm sure Meadowhall are well aware of the problem but lack the inclination to do anything about it.

We've known for years that they dont encourage youths to visit the estate with the constant intimidation of them by their security staff and banning of hoodies etc, perhaps they turn a blind eye to these feral youths who indirectly do them a favour by keeping others away from the place.

Either way it doesn't make it a pleasant shopping experience for anyone, and perhaps a little bad publicity will motivate them to sort it out. Someone mentioned The Star and it certainly has all the ingredients of the kind of story they're only too happy to embellish.

You’ve got it but shhhhh ……….. Can’t say that can we.

..but you often do Malky ;)

Really hope your son is getting over his ordeal, there are some horrible little scumbags around, hope they get em

THANKYOU EVERY 1 FOR ALL YOUR HELP AND ADVICE.................. My son seems ok - funny thing is police rang for him to go and see a couniller and she was asian ..hahaha... got taped interview friday he won't be going to m/hall without an adult in future and i hope the asian bully's have a go at him while im there cos i WILL get locked up but it will be worth it!!!

funny thing is police rang for him to go and see a couniller and she was asian

OMG - she might attack him too

.................. My son seems ok - funny thing is police rang for him to go and see a couniller and she was asian ..hahaha...

They're not all muggers Paul :hihi:

Glad to hear your son is recovering :)

Sorry to hear this mate and I hope they catch the little <removed> soon.

White black yellow or orange they are bullies and probably tossers as individuals, hence needing to be in a gang to start with.

This needs stamping out just like they did with gangs of white kids that used to go '****' bashing years ago.

Its swings and roundabouts isn't it, I would not get too hung up on the race of them, they are no good little tykes who ever they are.

Edited by mort

I couldn't care a flying about the ethnicity of these scum bags, I don't visit Meadowhell, to be honest I've only been into the city centre twice since mid May. I am sick and tired of these criminals, black, white, asian or whatever, they are just scum and don't deserve the same air as decent folk breath.

I went to Bakewell this morning, there were asian, black and white (ok predominantly white) folk going about their business. Not a chav to be seen, but having said that, some of the local farmers couldn't eat a full one.

I never thought back in 1976 that moving to S17 would eventually shield me from folk that back then were yet to be born.

My heart bleeds for the 13 year old kid, bless.

I never thought back in 1976 that moving to S17 would eventually shield me from folk that back then were yet to be born.

Does it? I don't believe anywhere is exempt these days.

Umm I think Paul was joking about the Asian counsellor .. not the "hahaha" bit after he said it. :D :D

Does it? I don't believe anywhere is exempt these days.

I know what you mean, but I would still rather take my chances in the south west than in the north or east. If I am wrong then off into rural north east Derbyshire go I.

Reading this is so sad.

I was a youth in the City in the 60's and an adult in the 70's and I just don't recall any of this kind of stuff happening, It was just good clean fun, then again there were very few yellow faces around in those day's. Makes it very difficult not to put a racial slant on things. :mad: