13 year old kid mugged at Meadowhall

boy friday u have been added to my ignore list so in future i dont have to read all the crap u have 2 write.....

Well you don't read what I write anyway!!

BF, You are an intelligent poster and i have to say your grammer is excellent...But, even though this is obviously a public thread, you may consider to go by the OP's wishes and refrain from posting on it. Obviously you are pushing the wrong buttons with him and i'm sure there are other threads that your knowledge and intelligence can benefit from without unknowingly winding up someone who is already going through enough without having to keep explaining the incident over and over again. The damage is done, it's in police hands, and i'm sure they have all the facts needed for a full investigation.

Thanks mate, but I didn't realise pointing out that the police were looking for less people than was reported was likely to wind up the OP, it might have been a significant fact that he had overlooked.

As I said before, my early posts (37 & 42) were supportive of the OP and his son, I wasn't seeking an argument with anybody, but I won't be cowed into accepting irrelevant rants about a race of people, which is what it became, although most of those offensive posts have now been deleted. If the OP doesn't like responses to comments like that then he shouldn't post them.

Edited by boyfriday

Sorry Shy it seems I'm the only one here who isn't trying to turn this into a race issue.

Not quite.

Why do officials in the Star article say it's rare? Oh stupid question, I guess, we can't have bad publicity, can we? It doesn't seem that they are taking the issue very seriously, does it?

Not quite.

Why do officials in the Star article say it's rare? Oh stupid question, I guess, we can't have bad publicity, can we? It doesn't seem that they are taking the issue very seriously, does it?

The Star aren't usually reluctant to place a racial spin on any story they report.

The Star aren't usually reluctant to place a racial spin on any story they report.

That's not something I've noticed, I think that's an important criticism and merits its own thread for discussion.

To be honest, it doesn't matter what skin colour the thugs were, if this is a problem, MHell should be acting accordingly. I deplore violence of any kind, and want to see more action taken against these thugs, probably because a relative of mine was the victim of an unprovoked attack by a gang of white thugs.

That's not something I've noticed, I think that's an important criticism and merits its own thread for discussion.
Would you like to start one Darth? I'd be happy to contribute to it :)

To be honest, it doesn't matter what skin colour the thugs were, if this is a problem, MHell should be acting accordingly.

I absolutely agree, and said so from outset.

-Removed By Mods-

Edited by jd2007

We live in a world today where people who defend themselves or 'racially' attack someone (which is always used as a excuse when it's a option!) for reasons outlined throughout this thread get a worse punishment than those that cause the initial problem.
How do you know all this? There has to be evidence to obtain a racially aggravated conviction, not just someone's say so.

I myself got stopped by around 8 asians a while ago...

Well my mother was mugged by a group of whites on Fargate, and my son was mugged by a mixed racial group (black & whites) outside the Odeon, but neither made any racial judgements about their attackers.

Chav culture originated as white people imitating black culture, dress sense, way they speak etc but over the years it's become it's own thing. So it seems it may have been a race thing to begin with, but now it's just the fact that it's mostly non-white/british people that do things.

Seriously? Chavs or their equivalent never existed before white people took on black influences?? To be fair I'm pretty sure the shell suit was a European invention :hihi:

I'm in no way racist, depending on what you perceive as racist anyway, as some non-white people see racism from as low as differentiating between races, which I do but I believe racism is looking down on other races etc.

Which is pretty much what you've done in your post.

A example is simply crimewatch, when they have the wall with 10 people on, usually out of those 10 7-10 of them are black.

You do realise Crimewatch is a light entertainment programme? It doesn't seek to highlight crime demographics or the reasons for it.

At the moment around %11.7 of people in the UK are black or asian, so as a basic ration 1 in 10 people are black or asian. From that make your own assumptions...

Blacks are over represented in the prison population, that's true, but you're putting two and two together and making 5. Two of the determinant factors for crime are poverty and education, not race.

So you'll find that ill educated, white working class people are also over represented in the prison population, but you wouldn't extend that logic to suggest white people commit crime would you?

A example is simply crimewatch, when they have the wall with 10 people on, usually out of those 10 7-10 of them are black.

Between 70%-100% are usually black?

This is this Crimewatch 'Wanted' gallery this month:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/crimewatch/wanted/

From 7, three are non white.

July: From 7, one non white

http://www.bbc.co.uk/crimewatch/wanted/2010/07/index.shtml

June: From 5, three non white

http://www.bbc.co.uk/crimewatch/wanted/2010/06/index.shtml

April: From 6, three non white.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/crimewatch/wanted/2010/04/index.shtml

March: From 5, one non white.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/crimewatch/wanted/2010/03/index.shtml

Feb: From 5, four non white.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/crimewatch/wanted/2010/02/index.shtml

Jan: From 6, two non white.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/crimewatch/wanted/2010/01/index.shtml

Percentages not much to shout about....from BF perspective

Edited by AyupJimmy

whats all this emphasis on asian...you telling me there are no white mugs?

It seems my personal boycot of meadowhall is to continue, the last time I was there I was verbally abused and threatened at knifepoint by 4 youths.... ok so that was 15 years ago and they didnt actually start on me untill I asked them what the problem was (they were harrasing someone nearbye), the 2 other people in view looked the other way including the person who was originaly being harrased, lol

My point, if im indeed trying to make one is life is full of risks, once you learn the risks you either eliminate them or avoid them, thats just a simple risk assesment.

Ive shopped localy, in the city center and online for 15 years now, ive not seen or had any trouble in all that time

Edited by ptathion