13 year old kid mugged at Meadowhall

You're entitled to feel how you want to when you 'see my name', however you were inaccurate in your criticism, I wasn't goading anyone, hence my response to your accusation.

You've clearly no interest in the facts, if you did you would see that the OP went from describing an assault on his son by a group of Asians, to then claiming how his freedom of speech was being supressed, and turning it into some vitriolic tirade about British people standing up for themselves and aid to Pakistan.

He's entitled to rant, but if he tells untruths or tries to use the thread for other purposes, then he will be challenged, just as you've chosen to challenge me.

Ps: What does my number of posts have to do with anything??

facts : op sons gets mugged ,op gets p***ed off, op has HIS honest opinion , boyfriday picks op up ,3 more posts to add too boyfridays posts , familiar story on sheffield forum ?? my opinion ??

I didn't know i was only allowed 2 talk about 1 topic god forbid if i mention something else - i wouldn't care if the aid went to australia our country s/posed 2 b broke n then the government just pull 70 mill out just like haiti and u tell me wen somat happens here other countries will give us 70 mill i think not....

Can we stop with the bickering please, or this thread will have to be pulled which I think would be a huge shame.

This is a serious problem, it seems, that Meadowhall and the police need to tackle. The OP has a right to feel aggrieved, and a right to point out, in my opinion, the race of the attackers, for identification purposes.

However, to then turn this into an attack on a race, is not on. We all need to cooperate to stamp out this thuggery and the thread's turn into a 'racial' thread, only serves to detract from the real issue, in my opinion.

EDIT - I'd started writing this before the posts above. So, back to the main issue, then.:)

Edited by Darth Vader

sorry paul , good luck with sorting it all out hope they get the yobs who did this to your lad !!

I work in MHall and they reckon its their policy to split large groups of kids up.

In fact my 12 year old son was once there with about 7 of his friends (roughly half of them girls) and they were asked to split into smaller groups so they didnt appear 'intimidating'! :roll:

I regularly see large groups of Asian lads tho and have never seen anything said to them.

that would be classed as racist of course.

.......:huh:

I bet the security people at MH realy do hesitate to split large-ish groups of Asians up, to avoid getting into a sticky situation. Its a triumph for political correctness.

By who? Only someone with zero understanding of racism could possibly think that.

I bet the security people at MH realy do hesitate to split large-ish groups of Asians up, to avoid getting into a sticky situation. Its a triumph for political correctness.

Why do you 'bet', you mean you don't know? So it's a triumph for nothing since the presumption and conclusion is entirely of your own creation.

I'm sure the security people at Meadowhall dont relish splitting up large groups of anybody, it isn't just Asians that might have a foul tongue on them.

I used to hear this nonsense in the 80's about police being afraid to challenge black youths because of what might be said, yet when the statistics were released far more black males were stopped & searched than any other group.