13 year old kid mugged at Meadowhall

ok sorry andy / admin........ thanks for your concern....

Oh that's strange and its sent shivers down my spine. My nephew (who's 13) went to meadowhall cinema with a few friends 2 weeks ago.

A gang of Asian boys were following them and goading them. They asked for help from security who requested my nephew and friends split into smaller groups so as to disperse everyone.

My nephew being sensible rang his mum who told him to stay inside the main mall until she got there. My nephew and his friends felt very threatened by these other boys and so much so that they all abandoned their plans for the evening and went home.

Is this gang making a habit of targeting young lads who've gone to m/hall with spending money??

On a further note I hope your little'uns ok and puts it all behind him. Its just bloody awful. x

So, Meadowhall were already aware there was a problem then?

To the OP, sorry to hear this, hope you're son soons feels better.

yes they just need enough people to complain before the police based at meadowhall made an enquiry now they've had enough complaints it will be acted on

Hope your son is ok mate , and i know how you feel , my son got a bag snatched he had in his hands " he had just bought a new cap " as he stepped on to the tram at meadowhall as the doors was closing 2 lads snached the bag and legged it into meadowhall leaving my son behind the doors on the tram very shuck up and that was the last time he went to meadowhall , he was 14 at the time so this was 4 years ago. Its a sad shame to here this is still going of after all these years around meadowhall train station , you would think police or meadowhall management would step up security around there as it sounds like a prime area after young lads and lasses have done there shoppin .

meadowhall will never be safe its known for kids getting mugged an bullied its been happening years i know a few kids that have been mugged there an nothing gets done an as for the asians they hang around all opver meadowhall in gangs they are very intimadating so sorry to hear about your son an his mate best thing is don't let them go alone anymore i am only 26 years old an i have past experience when i was younger with trouble at meadowhall an i would advise anyone not to let there kids go meadowhall alone until there 15 its not safe

Oh that's strange and its sent shivers down my spine. My nephew (who's 13) went to meadowhall cinema with a few friends 2 weeks ago.

A gang of Asian boys were following them and goading them. They asked for help from security who requested my nephew and friends split into smaller groups so as to disperse everyone.

My nephew being sensible rang his mum who told him to stay inside the main mall until she got there. My nephew and his friends felt very threatened by these other boys and so much so that they all abandoned their plans for the evening and went home.

Is this gang making a habit of targeting young lads who've gone to m/hall with spending money??

On a further note I hope your little'uns ok and puts it all behind him. Its just bloody awful. x

Typical response eh, the one's asking for help get told to split up. The ones doing it carry on as usual!!! Makes no sense, no wonder the muggers/bullies don't give a monkey's no-one stops them!

sod police find out who it was and get em one by one is what i say! i had the same problem with my son but alot worse that this to be honest as he got hurt as well yeah police got em and gave them a caution.That is not good enough in my eyes as they will do it again.So get em and chops there chuffin hands off and i dont care if pp dont agree or want to have ago do it cause if it happens to one of my kids again god help 10 asians or 20 you dont want to see this when its mad i can tell ya lol

be aware parents my son & his mate got robbed at m/hall by ten asians and 1 black 18 yr old in train walkway they stole his hat and 5 pound from his pocket - the best thing is its on camera and the police are looking into it - 1 WHITE ADULT BOUT 20 YR OLD TRIED 2 HELP BUT THEY GANGED UP OM HIM SO HE LEFT - this thread on ere so if that was u or if any 1 witnessed this pls contact west bar police station -thanks...........m/hall supposed 2 b safe..........

Might be worth going to Star about it? As then Meadowhall might clamp down on these gangs because of the bad publicity?

:o hope the kid is ok :| this kind of thing is happening eveywhere these days ,and nobody wants to get involved for fear of being attacked ,stabbed ect because the police can do nothing to protect the public:rant:they would rather sit in the back of a speed van reeling in the cash !!!:huh::D

I've sent the management at Meadowhall a link to this thread - just thought it might help..... seeing as they make a point on their website....

If you’ve any great ideas, suggestions or queries, we’d like to hear them.

Email us Call us

Might be worth going to Star about it? As then Meadowhall might clamp down on these gangs because of the bad publicity?

I agree .. get onto the local papers ... see if they can report something other than "cat gets stuck up tree!"

Nothing changes. I'm 29, and the same thing used to happen at Meadowhall when I was in my teens. It happened to me a couple of times, when I was at school we used to call it "getting taxed", basically mugged. Once I managed to ignore them, carried on walking, they harrased me a bit but I kept moving and they gave up, possibly because there was only one of them. Another time there was a couple of them, I got chased back into the terminal where I alerted security.