Freshers - Not So Fresh

Bloody hell it's the invasion week again and they are worse than ever. All dressed like poisoned smurfs, and the lasses smell like they fell over in boots bless em, mums walking them to halls with a trolley full of pasta and pesto.

tried to watch Footy in Broom Hill but couldn't hear myself think for the crowd of southern noise following man u supping pound pints of stale lager

I guess it's good for the shops on Ecclesall though, and some of them are sound I'm sure they wont steal my wheelie bin every week. Feel like an old man and I'm only 22!;)

Guest sibon
I had been enjoying the past few months of silence too :(

Me too. But I'm glad they are back.

Of course, some of them will wake me at 3AM to tell me their name very loudly. Others will pee in my gateway. One or two will walk on my car. But the rest are usually great.

Broomhill is lovely in the summer, but I do think that it comes alive in term time. I like the hustle and bustle. It keeps you young, you know:)

Bloody hell it's the invasion week again and they are worse than ever. All dressed like poisoned smurfs, and the lasses smell like they fell over in boots bless em, mums walking them to halls with a trolley full of pasta and pesto.

tried to watch Footy in Broom Hill but couldn't hear myself think for the crowd of southern noise following man u supping pound pints of stale lager

I guess it's good for the shops on Ecclesall though, and some of them are sound I'm sure they wont steal my wheelie bin every week. Feel like an old man and I'm only 22!;)

Bless you :)

I am all for students as I feel they bring a good source of income into the city and also, to some extent, enrich the culture of the city, however, some idiots, obviously may be not students but likely, went mad along Ecclesall Road Last night. Cones had been placed all across the road so you couldn't drive along it, all the industrial sized bins had been pushed over and into the road and the whole place looked like an absolute mess. I hope they have caught them on CCTV, if not at the time....

............ supping pound pints of stale lager

;)

Which pub is selling stale lager?

Awww .. I feel for you guys living so near to the noise, but I for one, would LOVE to be on the edge of this exciting new world they are entering.

Which pub is selling stale lager?

At a pound a pint??

Its great to have a break from them over the summer but also good to have them back. There's no chance a lot of businesses in Broomhill/Ecclesall Rd/West Street would keep going without the money they bring into the city.

I think they're brilliant. I love young people - they keep you young!

As soon as I saw West Street this morning I realised it was Freshers Week again...it looked like a ticker-tape parade had taken place, except the ticker-tape was replaced by millions of flyers for cheap drinks and lap-dances! There was also the smell of stale beer and vomit in the air.. lovely!