To the sad pathetic..

Unfortunately, it appears that cats and dogs actually like the taste of antifreeze, which is all the more tragic because it's so lethal to them.

It tastes sweet and many cats will happily lap up milk with antifreeze in, and dogs will often lap from a puddle of antifreeze which has leaked from a vehicle, which is one reason why it's so lethal.

Many poisons taste bad enough that it would be hard to force feed a cat a lethal dose- antifreeze they actually want to drink :(

Medusa is quite correct, animals love the sweet taste, I have known dogs gorge themselves on sheep muck, simply because of the sweet taste of the molasis that is found in sheep feed, albeit that sheep muck will not hurt them.

): that's right sad, there are some proper sicko's out there today that love to harm peoples pet's and what do they get from it? NOTHING. sorry to hear about your cat.

All I ever do is to top up with pure antifreeze, however some folk drain their rad and put in a new mix, maybe the OP's cat helped itself to the draining bowl.

Not good, but getting angry will just make yourself ill and getting even will make yourself ill and just cause further trouble for both parties.

Finding the toe rag responsible and implementing suitable punishment is the best way to get even ,and gain justice for his poor cat.

wow talk about jumping to conclusions folks!

It's the SHeffield Forum way :)

**** that lives near me. Thank you for giving my cat anti freeze. When i find out i will personally buy you another 2 bottles and make you drink the stuff. Just so you know i had to have the cat put to sleep because of your actions.

Sorry to hear that Deano....some people (well there not people are they) are just B.......

Hope you find out who they are

**** that lives near me. Thank you for giving my cat anti freeze. When i find out i will personally buy you another 2 bottles and make you drink the stuff. Just so you know i had to have the cat put to sleep because of your actions.

<REMOVED>!!! Hope you get your revenge! Poor little defenceless animal :(

Edited by esme
masked

so sorry about your cat thats so sad.......what goes around comes around.....

serious karma

came in this morning my cat laid out under the table .cant move only in spasms,cant see or hear us .got her to the vet who put her on fluid drips and she says it is poisening .they transfered her to rotherham to keep her in overnight tonight to see if she improves.vet has just rang to say that she thinks that it is poisen with anti freeze.maybe not malicious but that cats do like the sweet taste.nevertheless they dont know wether she will last the night ,and if no improvement she will have to be put to sleep,as they think that it has damaged her kidneys so badly and her brain . so just waiting.please please car owners dispose of anti freeze properly as i would not want anyone going through what we are.

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o Edited by B1gsy

well just had to have my litle cat simba put to sleep.i never want anyone elses pet to suffer like that .it was anti freeze that poisened her .

it was horrendous .