To the sad pathetic..

Horrible bar stewards.

Sorry for both of you that have lost pets.

What areas are you in?

thanks

i am in woodhouse.

i am in woodhouse.

I'm not far away in Handsworth. Time to keep a close eye on my 2. One of them is half wildcat and roams for bliddy miles.

Thanks for the heads up.

i have one cat left now the mother to simba and she is the one that ventures out and simba was the one to just pop in and out the window so we are keeping a close eye out now too

I can't stand cats and I'm not too fussed about their irresponsible owners (no, I didn't actually want your cat to mess in my garden), but the thought of someone deliberately killing an animal in a slow torturous manner is sickening!

My sincerest condolences to anyone whose cat has suffered anti-freeze poisoning. In Walkey it would appear that someone was putting down cat biscuit laced with antifreeze as the PDSA had seen a few cases but none of the cats had telltale burning of the mouth, nose or throat which would've prompted more immediate and appropriate treatment.

I would urge anyone who has been a victim, or has information regarding someone deliberately poisoning animals to ring the RSPCA on (0300) 1234 999.

Yes, accidents do occur due to careless storage or disposal of ethylene glycol, but unfortunately regarding the incidents in Walkey, the Police, vets and RSPCA say all the evidence seems to indicate it is deliberate. Ethylene glycol poisoning is by no means localised, affecting hundreds of pets and wild animals nationally. It's such a shame that some people consider it an acceptable way to resolve their own issues.

Edited by djelibeybi
spelling error

I can't believe how senseless and cruel people can be, it makes me sick!! There should be tougher sentencing laws against cruelty to animals, anybody who is capable of harming a defenseless animal in such a cruel way, has the potential to move on to harming people...

Sorry for your loss.

So did we find any proof that someone deliberately poisoned the cat or was it an accident ?

that is awful, unfortunatly ther are lots of people out ther tht get fun from torturin other peoples pets. I have seen cats thrown over fences, kids tryin to set a cat on fire and have confronted them n rang rspca everytime, i cnt stand animal cruelty and blieve me if neone hurt my pets they would gt more than anti freeze. So sorry for your loss and rip to your cat xx

I'm not a cat lover but I'm really sorry to hear about what happened, that must have been a horrendous thing to go through! I hope it was just an accident - I hate to think anyone could be so evil as to do that to an animal deliberately!

That's awful, I hope the police catch the person responsible. People who attack animals can also go on to attack people. Psychos like that are why I can't let my cats out.