Can us catholics have the cathedral back??

I don't need to, but I think you're digging yourself a very deep hole. So, come on, enlighten us and answer the question, or we'll have to assume you haven't a clue.

Sheffield's medieval parish church of St. Peter (now the Cathedral) was the principal Catholic church in the area. In 1534, during the reign of Henry VIII, the Church of England split from Rome, and Catholic worship was outlawed

this is when the church was stolen from the catholics, the c of e aka church of henry VIII was just an excuse so henry VIII could do what he wished and only have himself to answer to

Edited by tony_montana

Sheffield's medieval parish church of St. Peter (now the Cathedral) was the principal Catholic church in the area. In 1534, during the reign of Henry VIII, the Church of England split from Rome, and Catholic worship was outlawed

this is when the church was stolen from the catholics, the c of e aka church of henry III was just an excuse so henry III could do what he wished and only have himself to answer to

So in 1534 in the reign of Henry the 8th, the Cof E split from Rome, and that's why the C of E is known as the church of Henry 3rd so Henry 3rd could do as he wished before he died in 1272?

So in 1534 in the reign of Henry the 8th, the Cof E split from Rome, and that's why the C of E is known as the church of Henry 3rd so Henry 3rd could do as he wished before he died in 1272?

oh im ever so sorry i missed a v out i will amend it for you sorry for any confusion

oh im ever so sorry i missed a v out i will amend it for you sorry for any confusion

Perhaps you should go back through you other posts, you got it wrong there as well. Still, at least you're consistent.

This thread is going nowhere, so I think I'll go back to the drying paint.

Perhaps you should go back through you other posts, you got it wrong there as well. Still, at least you're consistent.

This thread is going nowhere, so I think I'll go back to the drying paint.

can we have it back yet?

can we have it back yet?

Tony....face it...I don't think you will ever it back. You dragging up history from way back when won't get it back.

Get over it and move on...get therapy if you have to.

Meanwhile would you like me to say a prayer (of a non catholic variety) for you.

Blessings :)

i wouldnt be too sure!!!

wait until half of the church returns to the fold of catholicism like the Bishop of Fulham John Broadhurst has and an entire congregation of st peters in folkestone,

it wont be long,

4/500 years ago is modern times? eh? what?

It IS in the catholic church :) They have only just realised that the earth orbits the sun :)

can we have it back yet?

no, and count yourself lucky that the ban on the catholic church was lifted

'Can we have our faith back'? might be a more sensible thread. The political system in 3rd Century Europe thought it expedient to hijack Christianity for their own ends and have had an establishment stranglehold on it since. Catholic/ Orthodox/ Cof E... They're allcut from the same cloth .

I have it on good authority (i.e. God told me) that my family used to have farming rights, prior to 724 AD, to the area on which both your cathedrals are sited – so can all you religious types please get orrfff moy land! :rant: