Can us catholics have the cathedral back??

Why would you want it back? You've already got one, it costs a fortune to run, and Roman Catholics are welcome to worship there and even take communion free of charge anyway, (which is more than Anglicans etc can do in a Catholic service).

Anyway, if you have it back there'll be an outstanding bill for care and maintenance for the last few hundred years.

('Ere, you're not the Bishop of Hallam are you? :suspect:)

Edited by algy

Why would you want it back? You've already got one, it costs a fortune to run, and Roman Catholics are welcome to worship there and even take communion free of charge anyway, (which is more than Anglicans etc can do in a Catholic service).

Anyway, if you have it back there'll be an outstanding bill for care and maintenance for the last few hundred years.

('Ere, you're not the Bishop of Hallam are you? :suspect:)

i am not from rome so therefor am not a roman catholic, roman catholic is a contradiction in terms as catholic means universal,

why would a catholic take communion in a church that was created so the king could get divorced? also when catholics do not believe in the validity of your communion it has no relevance receiving the host,

the head of our church is somebody whos role can be traced back to saint peter yours can be traced back to henry 8ths henchman

By what I have been reading lately about the state of the Church of England's finances, you want to be careful what you ask for - they may be very happy to hand it (and the cost of maintaining it) over to you.

i am not from rome so therefor am not a roman catholic, roman catholic is a contradiction in terms as catholic means universal,

why would a catholic take communion in a church that was created so the king could get divorced? also when catholics do not believe in the validity of your communion it has no relevance receiving the host,

the head of our church is somebody whos role can be traced back to saint peter yours can be traced back to henry 8ths henchman

So, not universal, then?

So, not universal, then?

it is universal if you believe the word of st peter rather than martin luther

Well, if it's bugging you that much send them a letter and ask for it back then.

It's not like you're taking the building away, or have plans to convert it into flats [........are you?]

it is universal if you believe the word of st peter rather than martin luther

Aw shucks, there was I thinking you were looking for a friendly argument, when all along you're apparently just an ill-informed troll. :loopy:

I'm out of this one, I've a window in desperate need of gazing out of, and some paint I really must watch drying....

I blame those randy Romans for introducing Christianity to England.

We were were perfectly happy polytheists until the Roman emperor Constantine bowed to a load of politically correct pressure from lefties and allowed Christianity to take over the ruddy country. You know what that Christian lot are like, let one in and, before you know it, they'll take over the country.

I have a 3rd century manuscript from Abeodan Ablendan Acwel Atol Griffin who, at that time, warned us how Christianity would drive out the druids, burn witches and allow future Kings to have loads of wives before 1509 was out.

(The not quite so bright forum members may have to look up the meanings of the Anglo Saxon names and check the significance of 1509 :))

Sadly I am rapidly approaching the point where I have to ask, what is the point of this thread?

If you REALLY feel that way and think you have a case then get together the cash and take the whole of the CofE to court for all the buildings that were churches pre 1500. You can then sell them off and reinvest that in taking the current owners of old monastery land to get THAT back.

Im sure that you can also find a few more windmills to tilt at :)

1509, the year the defender of the faith was crowned and married

And look what we ended up with. A bunch of Germans and a Greek taking over the ruddy country and changing the way we insult people. :D

nothing whatsoever is wrong with it, but since we bought the other one aswell and it was stolen during the reformation i think it would be a nice gesture by the lutherans

Ahhhh.....reading between the lines I think you only want it back so you can sell it off at a high price to Muslims who will turn it into their next Mosque :hihi:

I believe this is a common practice of the Catholic Church who apparently are selling off Christian churches to the HIGHEST BIDDER without any consideration about who they are actually selling their old buildings off to.

Mmmmm....now what does the Bible say about Mammon and idolatry :roll: