Expats pension in Canada

move to another country and stop griping

move to another country and stop griping

She's not griping, she's explaining something that very interesting to some of us.

If you live in Canada, Australia, Newzealand or South Africa, former Commonwealth countries you do not receive the yearly British pension increase, however, if you live in the following countries you do.

Alderney. Austria. Barbados. Belguim. Bermuda. Bosnia. Bulgaria. Croatia.

Cyprus. Czech Republic. Denmark. Estonia. Finland. France. Germany.

Gibralter. Greece. Guernsey. Hungary. Iceland. Isle of Man. Israel. Italy.

Jamaica. Jersey. Latvia. Lichtenstein. Lithuania. Luxembourg. Macedonia.

Malta. Mauritius. Netherlands. Norway. Philippines. Poland. Romania.

Serbia & Montenegro. Slovak Republic. Slovenia. Spain. Sweden.

Switzerland. Turkey. U.S.A.

We paid into the scheme for 31 Years before we came to Canada, we then continued to pay for a further nine years, from Canada to Britian.

If a man gets the British pension in any of the above counties his wife will also receive the full British pension even if she has never set foot in Britian.

There are World War 2 British pensioners here who receive about 10 Pound per week.

Take care Flyer. Cynthia.

Interesting Cynthia, thanks, doesn't seem fair though, as more Brits have moved to Canada,Australia & Newzealand than any other country.

Cynthina, whats the 60% that flyers talking about ?

Edited by poppins

Tinman i believe you mean stir IT as with the wood spoon, but no when trying to work out ones estate its important to know just what my wife will be getting on my demise and as said I receive a small pension from U.K and it seems my wife will receive 60% of that pension untill she dies, and as a point of interest I put my life on the line for 5yrs for that sm sum

Tinman i believe you mean stir IT as with the wood spoon, but no when trying to work out ones estate its important to know just what my wife will be getting on my demise and as said I receive a small pension from U.K and it seems my wife will receive 60% of that pension untill she dies, and as a point of interest I put my life on the line for 5yrs for that sm sum

If that means that you were in our armed services, then you deserve full whack, bloody penny pinching government departments, god bless you and yours my friend.

If that means that you were in our armed services, then you deserve full whack, bloody penny pinching government departments, god bless you and yours my friend.

To be honest only in Korea for a very short time had to leave through no fault of mine (medical) when on to Libya but most if not all of the signals i was in training with were killed overthere but at that age you think you're immortal ,for a corps that is suppose to have some sense we were not the brightest sparks on the planet:D:D:D