Tyres being damaged arbourthorne ?

If you dont report it, the police dont know about it, how can the police do anything about it if they dont know whats going on, the deterrent to most crims is the fear of getting caught, so DO tell the Police if you see a crime being committed, or you are a victim of a crime

exactly, report all crime, ok i dont trust the police to catch a cold, but you still should report it

This kind of thing around Berners Rd area (nr Myrtle Springs School) has been happening on and off for years. My mom and dad lived there for 26yrs until Feb this year. My son had different cars broken into..tyres slashed etc etc. The old guy what used to live at the bottom of moms path had adults climbing on the roof of his car periodically. He told me he did inform the police but they did nothing to help him. And only just before my mom and dad moved, a carer came at lunchtime to see to my mom, and whilst she was parked on the roadside, someone stole her number plates from both front and rear of the car. My sister also lives a little further up on Berners Rd and she has told me not to take our car onto their road as its still happening. Bit off when you cant park your car to visit your relatives or friends without fear of something happening to it isnt it? But I know its not only Arbourthorne having this problem.

We already have a news letter/pamphlet for the area regarding crime/local events etc

Hiya, where would I be able to get a copy of this newsletter?

They are hand delivered, about once a month

I am the Police Inspector for the Safer Neighbourhood Team covering the Arbourthorne area. A number of cars were attacked and had their tyres slashed on Berners Road and Northern Avenue overnight on the 16th September and since then there have been two other reports of tyres being slashed in the same area.

I can say that one person has been arrested and interviewed in relation to the damage and enquiries are continuing. We have also increased the police presence in the area.

If anyone has any information regarding these or any other crimes they can speak to any of my team in confidence by contacting us at Elmtree Police Station on 0114 2963005. Alternatively call crimestoppers on 0800 555111

Gary Booth

Inspector

Manor and Arbourthorne Safer Neighbourhood Area.

lets face it police struggle to catch a cold never mind a criminal

now if one of the cars with tyres slashed had no tax that would be a whole new ball game

lets face it police struggle to catch a cold never mind a criminal

now if one of the cars with tyres slashed had no tax that would be a whole new ball game

What!!!!!!!! Hold on a minute there munster, the guy who burgled us & at least 15 to 20 other properties in the area that i am aware of, has been caught & sentenced, with the result that having admitted to the burglaries it transpired he was responsible for around 80% of burglaries in the area.

What!!!!!!!! Hold on a minute there munster, the guy who burgled us & at least 15 to 20 other properties in the area that i am aware of, has been caught & sentenced, with the result that having admitted to the burglaries it transpired he was responsible for around 80% of burglaries in the area.

more a case police got someone probaly a druggie who would admit to anything gets crime figures going in right direction

more a case police got someone probaly a druggie who would admit to anything gets crime figures going in right direction

Druggie yes, but cases proven using fingerprint & D.N.A.

Credit to the copper who has posted on here - a lot of posters hiding behind the anonymity of this format to give him a bit of stick. I think we should praise the police for speaking up on this forum and answering people's queries, not give them hassle. The majority do a very good job under very difficult circumstances.

what`s the point?? all you get is incident number and the offenders get com service and a time to pay fine.

no harsh deterrent whatsoever :(

Hey, DON'T shoot the messenger, please. Inspector Booth is NOT responsible for the judiciary system which metes out punishments in court. Neither is he responsible for which cases actually GET to court - that's down to the CPS. By not reporting these incidents to the Police you are hindering the creation of a case report which is systemic in providing the Police with enough evidence (timings, placement etc) to be presented to the CPS.

If you don't like the system, fine, but don't make it even harder for our Police Officers to try and protect our communities by giving the unsavoury characters in our communities free reign.

Hey, DON'T shoot the messenger, please. Inspector Booth is NOT responsible for the judiciary system which metes out punishments in court. Neither is he responsible for which cases actually GET to court - that's down to the CPS. By not reporting these incidents to the Police you are hindering the creation of a case report which is systemic in providing the Police with enough evidence (timings, placement etc) to be presented to the CPS.

If you don't like the system, fine, but don't make it even harder for our Police Officers to try and protect our communities by giving the unsavoury characters in our communities free reign.

well said dj eli, it's the CPS that often let's the side down....prosecuting people for often minor misdemeanours and cocking up murder trials so the bad guys get away with it. joe public is often witness to serious crime but sometimes has a "dont want to get involved" attitude which can backfire when it is a member of their circle who is the victim and no-one will come forward.

anyway, has anyone got contact details for the newsletter so i can place an advert.

apologies to hotrock for misplaced pm.

well said dj eli, it's the CPS that often let's the side down....prosecuting people for often minor misdemeanours and cocking up murder trials so the bad guys get away with it. joe public is often witness to serious crime but sometimes has a "dont want to get involved" attitude which can backfire when it is a member of their circle who is the victim and no-one will come forward.

anyway, has anyone got contact details for the newsletter so i can place an advert.

apologies to hotrock for misplaced pm.

no apology necessary, i will try to save the next newsletter for you.