Tyres being damaged arbourthorne ?

hi recently seen a lot of cars with two or more flat tyres and cars with wheels took off my mum also had hers slashed a few days ago while here,rang police but the could not tell me anything as per usual!

anyone else noticed this or have your tyres been damaged ??

thankyou xx

My other half had a massive screw in his the other morning........ cnt be sure it was done on purpose tho.

Hello, I am creating a newsletter for the Arbourthorne area, just wondering how much of a problem the tyre slashing is? If it is a common occurence and the police havent responded then it could be a good idea to give the story some coverage.

Jill

We live near the bottom of Berners Road and not seen any problems with tyre slashing...YET.

Will post on here if we do!

Hello, I am creating a newsletter for the Arbourthorne area, just wondering how much of a problem the tyre slashing is? If it is a common occurence and the police havent responded then it could be a good idea to give the story some coverage.

Jill

We already have a news letter/pamphlet for the area regarding crime/local events etc

I am the Police Inspector for the Safer Neighbourhood Team covering the Arbourthorne area. A number of cars were attacked and had their tyres slashed on Berners Road and Northern Avenue overnight on the 16th September and since then there have been two other reports of tyres being slashed in the same area.

I can say that one person has been arrested and interviewed in relation to the damage and enquiries are continuing. We have also increased the police presence in the area.

If anyone has any information regarding these or any other crimes they can speak to any of my team in confidence by contacting us at Elmtree Police Station on 0114 2963005. Alternatively call crimestoppers on 0800 555111

Gary Booth

Inspector

Manor and Arbourthorne Safer Neighbourhood Area.

i drive round there every day 4 work n iv noticed this

I am the Police Inspector for the Safer Neighbourhood Team covering the Arbourthorne area. A number of cars were attacked and had their tyres slashed on Berners Road and Northern Avenue overnight on the 16th September and since then there have been two other reports of tyres being slashed in the same area.

I can say that one person has been arrested and interviewed in relation to the damage and enquiries are continuing. We have also increased the police presence in the area.

If anyone has any information regarding these or any other crimes they can speak to any of my team in confidence by contacting us at Elmtree Police Station on 0114 2963005. Alternatively call crimestoppers on 0800 555111

Gary Booth

Inspector

Manor and Arbourthorne Safer Neighbourhood Area.

what`s the point?? all you get is incident number and the offenders get com service and a time to pay fine.

no harsh deterrent whatsoever :(

what`s the point?? all you get is incident number and the offenders get com service and a time to pay fine.

Not always !!!!!! we were victims of a burglary recently, we eventually retrieved most of the stolen items, and the culprit was caught and is currently serving 5 months at Her Majesty's pleasure. mostly thanks to the burglary unit/Moss Way C.I.D.

Good Policing & Good local intelligence, works :thumbsup:

If you dont report it, the police dont know about it, how can the police do anything about it if they dont know whats going on, the deterrent to most crims is the fear of getting caught, so DO tell the Police if you see a crime being committed, or you are a victim of a crime