Acer laptop problem

Has anyone had their Acer laptop suddenly die?

I was using it as normal, plugged in at the mains when suddenly the laptop turned off. When trying to turn it back on, there is no life at all even though id had been plugged into the mains for about 2 hours with the charging icon on.

When I plug the charger into the mains, the green light on the power pack flickers on and off. Is this a known issue?

Has anyone had their Acer laptop suddenly die?

Many, many people ;)

Check out this link, somebody describes the same thing

Daughter has an Acer no probs so far, just checked the transformer, the greenlight is steady on when plugged in, could the transformer be dead, therefore laptop has used all battery power so will not start.

regards buck

edit- sidbobs post got in before me, agree with him and his link

Edited by BBanzai

Brilliant, absolutely god damn brilliant. Thanks for the link!

sounds like its the charger ,however try removing the battery and see if it powers up with ac cord in

also try another charger ,Replacement chargers are fairly cheap on ebay ,but it could also be a loose or faulty Dc Jack socket

Biggest problem I've seen with Acers is that the power socket inside the laptop comes away from the board.

The thing that's odd is that the charger was plugged in (presumingly charging the battery) so if there was an issue with the charger the laptop should just fall back to battery power.

The laptop made a noise similar to when you hold the power button down and it turns off. Now, there is no life at all in the laptop.

I'll try removing the battery, but the charger light constantly flickers presumably meaning that the power supply isn't getting to it properly.

Might try "borrowing" a charger from work to see if that fixes it.

Still no hope with the laptop, its completely dead whether a battery is in it or not. The chargers light remains constantly on, but then when I plug the laptop in it starts flickering.

Does anyone know of anywhere in town where they would have a look at it for me? Would Maplins do something like that?

Hi if you Bring it in we do a free diagnostic could be a number of problems