Tenters. What Are Your Favourite UK Campsites - and why?

Seahouse northumberland it is the most amazing area in the world !

Absolutely second that, amazing coastal area. We have been up that way, Waren Mill just outside Bamburgh, for the last 2 years and are planning to go back this year, the kids choice as it has a pool, lol...

the land around my rich auntie's house near miallet in the dordogne - pitched under the almond trees, next to the big pond/small lake with the sound of wild boar snuffling about at night - perfect but no longer available unfortunately.

for beach access, middlewood farm, near robin hood's bay.

My favourite sea side site has to be just outside Abersoch. The site is very old fashioned and not been updated in years which puts many people off and keeps it fairly quiet and exclusive.

Accessed by a single track lane and bordered by a golf course and woods, and a 2 minute flat walk to one of the best beaches in Wales.

Choice of 3 fields - quiet, very quiet and super quiet!

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=abersoch&aq=&sll=53.540307,-4.042969&sspn=16.234676,46.362305&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Abersoch,+Pwllheli,+Gwynedd,+United+Kingdom&ll=52.810366,-4.502061&spn=0.00201,0.005659&t=h&z=18

Seaside Camp Site

Lon Golff

Abersoch

country meadows at ingoldmells, skegness is nice. Good for fishing! :)

The Links at Mundesley, North Norfolk http://ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/details.asp?revid=5319 great site (they allow us to take 4 dogs). Super on site facilities 5 minutes from dog friendly beaches. 5 minutes from the village with great pubs and shops. Been three years in the run.

Edited by Deltic

I like highfield farm near upper booth, as basic as you can get, close to good walks, great views and they let you have fires

I like highfield farm near upper booth, as basic as you can get, close to good walks, great views and they let you have fires

but they've banned dogs! last year couldn't get on cos muttley was with us - right shame -the fire is the whole point of camping

Anyone know any good places to camp, like woodland areas or something near a lake or something.. thanks

I've moved your thread into the Camping Group - someone in here will be able to help.

Why not look through the other threads in this section too as your question may have already been answered.

Are you asking for a campsite with those attributes, or looking for a Ray Mears experience. ?

Campsites or maybe locations where you wouldnt get done for camping in like... i never been camping but me and mates just bought tent and stuff today and want to go camping over the weekend.