Concerned about Endocarditis and my ESR levels

I recently had some blood test results back and my ESR levels were a bit high and i was told by the doctor that it's down to Inflammation somewhere in the body.

I am worried about Endocarditis now as i know that is inflammation of the heart and i know it can cause heart failure and multiple organ failure, I saw a doctor today who listened to my chest and heart and examined my back.

I am also worried because high ESR levels can be due to cancer as well.

Should i be worried?

I recently had some blood test results back and my ESR levels were a bit high and i was told by the doctor that it's down to Inflammation somewhere in the body.

I am worried about Endocarditis now as i know that is inflammation of the heart and i know it can cause heart failure and multiple organ failure, I saw a doctor today who listened to my chest and heart and examined my back.

I am also worried because high ESR levels can be due to cancer as well.

Should i be worried?

You should talk to your GP - ask for a full explanation, explain that you're highly anxious and could do with some help calming down.

You have seen a doctor. What did (s)he say?

Not much just said if i feel the same in 3-4 days then i would have to have the blood tests repeated to see if they have gone up or down and take it from there but obviously he gave no explanation which is very frustrating i don't know how to take the results really, I guess the ESR level isn't really high but high enough to show up in a blood test.

Ask them about Hypocondriatis, it is becoming more common these days.

Dont forget that worry can trick the mind into thinking things that are not true. Try not to worry, carry on with your daily life as much as you can and go back in 4 days and see what happens. If you are SERIOUSLY worried, phone your GP surgery and ask if the make you an appointment as soon as possible. I am surprised the GP didnt give a full explanation though?

Ask them about Hypocondriatis, it is becoming more common these days.

Yes, I have noticed this too ;)